Amazon Music and Qobuz problems on the FiiO M11
Oct 21, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #31 of 102
So the M11 still cannot play with amazon music HD?

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #32 of 102
Here we go. Install 16.3.2 just out from Amazon on apkpure. Get a 24/192 kHz file. If you don't have one
http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L-082_stereo-192kHz_01.flac
Open in HiBy play a few seconds. Pause. Open Amazon HD app. Go to best of ultra HD play list. Play ELO Mr. Blue Sky.
Click on the ultra HD icon to see what the track quality, device capability and current playing at : all 24/192 kHz
Bingo!

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #33 of 102
Here we go. Install 16.3.2 just out from Amazon on apkpure. Get a 24/192 kHz file. If you don't have one
Open in HiBy play a few seconds. Pause. Open Amazon HD app. Go to best of ultra HD play list. Play ELO Mr. Blue Sky.
Click on the ultra HD icon to see what the track quality, device capability and current playing at : all 24/192 kHz
Bingo!

Just signed up in head-fi to thank you!. Amazon HD in Fiio M11 working like a charm.

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #34 of 102
Oct 23, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #35 of 102
Wow. Fascinating. Why?
I think is an amazon app problem, for some reason it only reads the bit rate from the previous played file in the device. so If it is exactly a 24/192 kHz file which is the Amazon super HD bitrate then it plays no problem. It also works works with a 24/96 kHz but only works on PO and bluetooth not coaxial. The solution provided works perfectly with po, bluetooth and coaxial.

Maybe fiio can also fix that making sure it reports the DAC capabilities to the app (I am no developer, so I dont really know what I am talking about). but for now this workaround works good.

You have to follow exactly the same steps.

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #36 of 102
What happens next time you restart the device, do you have to go through the steps again?

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #39 of 102
I think is an amazon app problem, for some reason it only reads the bit rate from the previous played file in the device. so If it is exactly a 24/192 kHz file which is the Amazon super HD bitrate then it plays no problem. It also works works with a 24/96 kHz but only works on PO and bluetooth not coaxial. The solution provided works perfectly with po, bluetooth and coaxial.

Maybe fiio can also fix that making sure it reports the DAC capabilities to the app (I am no developer, so I dont really know what I am talking about). but for now this workaround works good.

You have to follow exactly the same steps.

One question I need to understand, you say it does work only with the PO (headphone out) and bluetooth, not coaxial (which is the digital out via SPDIF, right?) But do you believe that the FiiO M11 really uses 24/192 in this case if the digital out does not show the right bit depth and frequency? I am asking since on Qobuz the SPDIF transmits correctly to an external DAC and with Amazon music it does not. So the question is, if Amazon only shows us this numbers, but it actually does not use the hardware accordingly.

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #40 of 102
One question I need to understand, you say it does work only with the PO (headphone out) and bluetooth, not coaxial (which is the digital out via SPDIF, right?) But do you believe that the FiiO M11 really uses 24/192 in this case if the digital out does not show the right bit depth and frequency? I am asking since on Qobuz the SPDIF transmits correctly to an external DAC and with Amazon music it does not. So the question is, if Amazon only shows us this numbers, but it actually does not use the hardware accordingly.

I wish I could give you a confirmed aswer, but my external DAC doesnt report me the bitrate. I can only read the unformation provided by the amazon HD app and in ultra HD files it reports playing at 24/192. What i know is that some DACs wont go over 24/96 over the spdif input and then I guess the fiio will do the downsampling.
Maybe there is an app or a setting in the fiio where I can read the current bitrate?
If somebody else here can answer this question will be great, because I would like to know.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #41 of 102
Bingo!
I had to force stop Amazon Music within the player settings but it seems to work.
Amazon Music now playing, for the time being anyway.

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #42 of 102
This is very discouraging. I'm DAP shopping and I really wanted to get the M11 Pro. I'm using Amazon Music HD on my office system and it works and sounds great. I really wanted to use AMHD in the car streaming with my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot. I guess that's a big NO until the Fiio folks get their s#@t together.

I understand that the Hiby Daps work nearly flawlessly with AMHD, so it definitely can be done. Let me speculate for a moment ...This doesn't surprise me because Hiby was primarily a software company with more skilled and experienced programmers already on board. They were also willing to pay the higher licensing fee for a more current version of Android and the ability, in house, to integrate it very well with their own firmware.

I realize that this is all market and bottom line driven. If the Fiio boys really think this is where the DAP market is going - Android gui with a smart phone feel - then don't be half-assed about it. I'll gladly pay a little more for native Google playstore and music apps that actually work.

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #43 of 102
I realize that this is all market and bottom line driven. If the Fiio boys really think this is where the DAP market is going - Android gui with a smart phone feel - then don't be half-assed about it. I'll gladly pay a little more for native Google playstore and music apps that actually work.

Totally agree with you.

Nov 25, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #44 of 102
Hi All,

Sorry to revive an old topic, but can anyone confirm if this issue is still ongoing.

I recently purchased an M11 and also use Amazon HD for streaming.

I did experience the same issues noted above with my car head unit, but a recent update of the app fixed the issue.

So I'm hoping that will apply to the Fiio as well.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #45 of 102
Hi All,

Sorry to revive an old topic, but can anyone confirm if this issue is still ongoing.

I recently purchased an M11 and also use Amazon HD for streaming.

I did experience the same issues noted above with my car head unit, but a recent update of the app fixed the issue.

So I'm hoping that will apply to the Fiio as well.

Thanks in advance
I have version 16.5.4 installed and for me nothing has changed. Downloaded ultra and HD songs will play after the app is bump started as per the steps posted in this thread. Will not stream ultra or HD tracks at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back