Amazon Music and Qobuz problems on the FiiO M11
Oct 13, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #16 of 102
Never be to sure about anything. Just this morning the magic switch is broken :frowning2: No idea why and how to get back to „normal“. Will let you know if there is a way.
Recently I've lost the "switch" a couple of times, for restoring there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason other than persistence. I still use the same file and as with yourself I initially tried using different apps (poweramp, hiby, hf player and the amazon music app itself) The last occasion I merely tried initially with hiby player switched to amazon,no joy, shut down amazon app, back to hiby try again with amazon app, shutdown amazon app etc, after the 3rd attempt at continuously trying and switching for some unimaginable reason it eventually clicked in. This has worked a couple of times now.

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #17 of 102
Recently I've lost the "switch" a couple of times, for restoring there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason other than persistence. I still use the same file and as with yourself I initially tried using different apps (poweramp, hiby, hf player and the amazon music app itself) The last occasion I merely tried initially with hiby player switched to amazon,no joy, shut down amazon app, back to hiby try again with amazon app, shutdown amazon app etc, after the 3rd attempt at continuously trying and switching for some unimaginable reason it eventually clicked in. This has worked a couple of times now.

Thank you. You are right. The magic lies in persistence. Tried it several times and suddenly it worked again.

Oct 14, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #20 of 102
while we are on the topic of the M11 and Amazon Music......I am downloading to a 400GB SD card but when I try to go offline the folders are there but they do not contain any music. Anyone else experiencing this? The app resided on the DAPs internal storage. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #21 of 102
while we are on the topic of the M11 and Amazon Music......I am downloading to a 400GB SD card but when I try to go offline the folders are there but they do not contain any music. Anyone else experiencing this? The app resided on the DAPs internal storage. Thanks in advance for any insight.

You mean the FiiO Explorer shows you no data in the Amazon folder on you SD card?
Have you tried checking the memory available internally and on the SD card an then downloading a playlist on Amazon Music, and then checking again?

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #22 of 102
We discussed the FiiO M11 Amazon Music problem. The strange thing is, I have almost the identical problem with Qobuz. As long Qobuz is running it works fine. But if I change to Amazon Music and get it running with the Neutron/HiBy 88.2 kHz trick, Qobuz would not work any longer. And you have to invest as much time in getting Qobuz working again. So far it is the same Neutron/HiBy trick for Qobuz as for the Amazon Music player. As I do not have this problem on my Samsung A8 (2018), please @FiiO investigate and come up with an update to get it right. Thanks.

Oct 19, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #23 of 102
Changed the thread title to „Amazon Music and Qobuz problems on the FiiO M11“ as I still have the same difficulties when starting Qobuz. I had this issues even before I started using the Amazon Music App. The Qobuz version number is 5.1.10. Since I am using Amazon Music the problem has gotten worse, meaning I need several restarts and the use of other music apps like Onkyo HF, Neutron etc. to get Qobuz playing. Otherwise I press the play button on any track, independent if already downloaded or streamed, and while the play button changes to pause button, the track stands still at 0 sec. So the issue is quite similar to the Amazon Music app. This means as I think that there is something with the highly customized Android version on the M11, as on my Samsung A8 the switch between the two apps works without a problem. @FiiO any chance you could take a look at this?

Oct 19, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #24 of 102
The Amazon and Qobuz issues is not just a Fiio issue. I get the same problem with my Astell&Kern SP1000 Dap. Also the ibasso DX220 had some issues when using Qobuz. I believe the main issue to be the Android software. I don’t any issues when I use my iPhone with any of these streaming apps.
No point in blaming Fiio or expecting some type of miracle fix. It’s not a Fiio problem.

Oct 19, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #25 of 102
The Amazon and Qobuz issues is not just a Fiio issue. I get the same problem with my Astell&Kern SP1000 Dap. Also the ibasso DX220 had some issues when using Qobuz. I believe the main issue to be the Android software. I don’t any issues when I use my iPhone with any of these streaming apps.
No point in blaming Fiio or expecting some type of miracle fix. It’s not a Fiio problem.

Thanks for the info. Very important info. But when it is an Android problem, why does the android on my Samsung A8 (2018) have not this problem? Is it a question of Android 7? Does the Astell&Kern SP1000 DAP and the ibasso DX220 also use Android 7?

Oct 20, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #29 of 102
I hope you get the issue resolved. Otherwise are you suggesting the m11 is not a good purchase. As I’m looking for a x5 upgrade for tidal streaming

I can not speak for Tidal, since I used it only very shortly in the past and since then only used Qobuz. Amazon Music was always to bad for my ears, but now with HD and Ultra HD it is quite interesting. Their playlists are way better compared to Qobuz.

Now, what really is a bummer is, that I upgraded from the FiiO M9 to the M11 because the M9 took ages to load my Qobuz playlists etc. I did not use as a portable device but to feed my DACs in different rooms via SPDIF. For portable use I used the Sony NW-ZX2 which is now so outdated that you can not use Qobuz and other Apps on the Sony Android platform. The FiiO M11 does not do the reliable job I bought it for to play Qobuz and Amazon Music quickly. It takes a while to get it going and this is just not okay. So until it is not solved, I can not give the M11 a thumbs up. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back