Am I through with Portable audio?
May 31, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #16 of 31
The end of an era! It was an excellent run. True, the forums are not what they once were and quite a few have moved on helping to change things. I have noticed your absence in the last few months. We did have some good talk about the CK10 from time to time. Your reviews have always been impeccably well done as far as writing quality and content. Your impressions were always a great gauge that were very reliable and trustworthy. They will certainly be missed around here but it's good if you will still pop in from time to time. Good Luck and take care! Here's to a more productive life!
beerchug.gif

May 31, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #17 of 31
shigzeo, you will definitely be missed here and you have helped out many in here including myself. I have enjoyed reading your reviews and hope to see them again soon :) The forums have definitely changed since I started lurking here but I do hope that you will pop by here every now and then.

The CK10 is indeed a great earphone and I may one day buy it yet again if it is still available and truly a special sound. I think I may yet again buy a pair again in the future sometime.

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #19 of 31

Quote:
Not the end of a phase, the end of a pedantic interest in 'the perfect decay' rather than the perfect album or song, or artist. To say that I got sidetracked by sound, is like calling the 2011 Japan Tsunami a 'ripple'. 

I hope all of you enjoy this forum for what it CAN be and not for what it often ends up being: an endless river of recycled marketing and rivalry. 

Thanks to your efforts and knowledge by now i'm able to enjoy much more my music since i know how to listen to it and which gear does the trick for me. Your insight has been really useful. And it will still be.

Aside from the time you put into this hobby you really had a knack for writing and understanding the intricacies of the whole playback chain. You always were able to keep perspective which is something really hard to do around here (or elsewhere)

Lately i'm also leaning to the music which is what brought me here i guess. So it's a good thing.

If you happen to land in Spain at anytime drop me a line.

Take care and thanks a bunch

You've been a luxury for the community

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #20 of 31

Quote:

And thanks to my steadfast personality, I am still with my all-time-favourite, the CK10 from Audio Technica that I discovered almost three years ago and bought with the feckless abandon of a 27 year old at a keg party. After the a lot of great earphones and customs, I've heard it 'all'. But, I am just not all fun and happy about reading loads of reviews, arguing about headphones, and reading the same old same old "Bose/Monster/Apple (next consumer hit) suxors" comments day in day out, week in week out, month in month out, year in year out.

This line reminded me of a late 70 HiFi mag that when doing his last issue stated that he never reviewed his personal speakers (Quad 57s) because he'd have nothing else speaker related to write about.
bigsmile_face.gif
Obviously you didn't go that far but you're lucky to have found something that involves you so well. 

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #21 of 31

Quote:
Not the end of a phase, the end of a pedantic interest in 'the perfect decay' rather than the perfect album or song, or artist. To say that I got sidetracked by sound, is like calling the 2011 Japan Tsunami a 'ripple'. 

I hope all of you enjoy this forum for what it CAN be and not for what it often ends up being: an endless river of recycled marketing and rivalry. 

Best of luck to you in all that you do Shigzeo..  I've always been impressed by your reviews and I almost always learned something new from each of them. New reviews will be missed but your legacy of impressions will always be available as a reference.  Thank you for your time and hard work.

I've also taken a huge step back from this hobby (for similar reasons), and It's amazing how refreshing it is to just pop back here every now and then as nothing but a casual observer.   Take care.

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #22 of 31
Enjoy yourself wherever life takes you, that's most important. We'll see you around
smile.gif

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:
This line reminded me of a late 70 HiFi mag that when doing his last issue stated that he never reviewed his personal speakers (Quad 57s) because he'd have nothing else speaker related to write about.
bigsmile_face.gif
Obviously you didn't go that far but you're lucky to have found something that involves you so well. 
Yep.

I'm in the ESL-63 camp, but understand the sentiment. I should have bought ESL-63s years ago and checked out of the audio scene.

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #24 of 31
As you might now, I've been a fan for a while... I enjoyed every post you had made on TMA and wholeheartedly embrace the opinions we share on portable audio and IEM design. 

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #25 of 31
shigzeo sir....

if without your review on CK100, i would not have the courage to pull the trigger. and after reading your reviews about it, I was certain and I never looked back. 

I enjoy your writings and learn a thing or two about your vast vocabs. 

Jun 2, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #26 of 31
The shig is up?

I knew the rapture would take him.

Hmmm, I really hope that harps agree with his HRTF.

(He used up his ears, I heard...now he's into eyes and pictures n' stuff.  You just wait and he's going to review all the hot sauces soon.  Remember the "So you think you're hot, Head-Fi?" thread?)

Dang-humorous-hedonist, we're not really saying goodbye to him but are just recognizing his less-frequent future exclamations of "Kiss It!"

Whatever, shig.  
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #27 of 31
Sad to see you go - I enjoyed your reviews and impressions - and your tests with Trance music were something I easily relate to. Your review was one of the major reasons for me buying the CK10 and dare I say - I have stopped looking at other IEMs since then. These phones are indeed so good - you don't want to spend money on anything else anymore. 

Cheers and enjoy your life! See you back soon.

Jun 15, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #30 of 31
Damn, Nathan. First you bring an ASCII tear to my eyes, then you make me blush. Perfectly understandable how one has to move on, how one can grow tired of the inner workings of a virtual society as specialized/specific/circular as this. Guess I'll have to stalk you in the photo thread from now on, since I don't feel much like quetching about headphones besides my reviews anymore as well.

Also, what's going to happen with TMA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back