Alternative to Future Sonics Atrio?
Nov 2, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FX500s isolation is certainly good enough for office, bus or average street noise, but sadly can't really cope with a noisy subway or a lawnmower. In fact, out of my IEMs only the CK100 has isolation comparable to the M5, the SE530 even a bit better.

i am def getting the a, as mmcurrent fav is the superfi 5 eb,,, and i was gonna a-b compare the cks70 to them, do ut hink the fx500 is a bettermatch
and what areeck100 and hore for the heavy bass cnnoisseur's out there?

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #17 of 27
Hi Meer, I bought a pair of Atrio v2 s last October and I just discovered that my right earphone has completely died (after relatively light use). I have given up on the warrantee since the period has expired and I lost my receipt in any case. These earphones sounded great especially with my trance, progressive and electro, I just wish they were durable!

Nov 4, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been looking to upgrade my NE-7m's, and this thread is turning me off from the Atrios...would Audeo PFE's be a good alternative...?

i just got th m8' for like 90 bucks on ebay, a steal

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #20 of 27
I will second or third CLIEOS concerns with the op's use of the Atrio. If they broke 3 times, most other earphones will break - the earphone world isn't composed of really well-made products. But among them, the Atrio is one of the best and as much as I like the FX500, it isn't as able to take a beating which clearly it will do.

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #21 of 27
I emailed Futuresonics customer service a few days ago and told them my right earphone just died for know apparent reason. I also told them that I bought my pair in October so the 1 yr warranty had expired and that I had lost my receipt in any case. I asked them if they could repair them for me. The director of customer service emailed me back and told me they didn't perform repairs on their universal earphones, but he told me no worries, they would replace my pair, all I needed to do was send the broken pair in- no proof of purchase required. What legendary customer service! They could have easily just brushed it aside since my warranty was expired and I had lost my receipt. Futuresonics knows how to treat their customers!

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by dimisam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Futuresonics knows how to treat their customers!

Indeed.
smile.gif

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #24 of 27

Quote:
I emailed Futuresonics customer service a few days ago and told them my right earphone just died for know apparent reason. I also told them that I bought my pair in October so the 1 yr warranty had expired and that I had lost my receipt in any case. I asked them if they could repair them for me. The director of customer service emailed me back and told me they didn't perform repairs on their universal earphones, but he told me no worries, they would replace my pair, all I needed to do was send the broken pair in- no proof of purchase required. What legendary customer service! They could have easily just brushed it aside since my warranty was expired and I had lost my receipt. Futuresonics knows how to treat their customers!

WoW. That's AWESOME customer service.

Feb 20, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #25 of 27

Quote:
Hi, I'm new here. So I hope my question doesn't sound stupid.
wink.gif

About a year ago I bought a pair of Future Sonics Atrio IEMs. They were the first pair of somewhat high end phones I've ever bought, and as soon as I tried them I fell in love with them. The sound was amazing compared to what I was used to, and the noise isolation was great.

But the problem is they broke, three times! Twice the right phone suddenly stopped working, once the left. Luckily they have a warranty and each time I was able to get a replacement, but after this last time they broke I'm fed up. Going through three pairs of phones in a year is ridiculous. Good quality phones shouldn't break every few months.

So I'm looking for a different brand. Something in the same price range with a similar sound, but which will be more durable.

I read many reviews before I bought the Atrios, and they all sounded like exactly what I was looking for, and they were, until they broke. I heard them described as having a dark sound (as apposed to bright like some other IEMs), punchy, and strong bass but not overpowering.

That's what I'm looking for. Also noise isolation is very important to me. Is there something like that, similar to Future Sonics, but with a better track record of lasting a long time without breaking?

Email David Gray Grayd@futuresonics.com and tell him about it.
Future Sonics just came out with a new driver--the MG7-- version of the atrios which also has better build quality. The bass is even punchier.

However, there isn't really anything that will be very much more durable, frankly. You have to treat your earphones with care, that means NO pulling them out of your ears by the cable, NO wrapping them around your ipod and tossing them in a backpack, etc. Sorry. you could try the Monster Miles Davis, but if you abuse them, they--and all other brands without any exceptions--will break.

If anyone suggests the Hippo VB, be advised that these have much worse build quality.

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #26 of 27
Just another vote for both a.) superior durability of Atrios, and b.) Future Sonics customer service.  If you break em', talk to FS; real good chance you'll get a replacement!  I'm away from home and brought other IEM's, and I'm sadly just sitting here missing that Atrio sub-bass!

Mar 22, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #27 of 27

Quote:
Monster Turbine?
Also, I have put my atrios through heavy use and they are still holding up, with the exception of having the halves of one separate cleanly once, but that was easily fixed with a dab of superglue. The atrios actually have a track record of good build quality, moreso with version 2 (no memory wire). A better track record than the Turbines, I must say. The cable on the Atrios is much better than that of the turbines.
The only thing I can think of that could kill them is fluids entering the driver through the nozzle or something like that.
Whatever the case, you might be hard-pressed to find something that will hold up like that if you've managed to break 3 pairs of atrios somehow
wink.gif

Hello Ethan, I am Boris and I also have  a pair of Atrios. Mine fell in a glass of water and stayed in there for over 1 hr and I let them dry and they still work. On the other hand  my Shure 530, Ultimate ear 5EB and Westone 2 broke why I had them on  while playing basketball and my sweat dripped inside them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back