ALO Rx
Aug 25, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #16 of 24
No problems with my RX.  It's performing as expected.  My only quibble is that the on/off switch keeps turning on and draining the battery.  No biggie though.

Hope yours gets fixed.

CJ

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #18 of 24

Quote:
No I can't say "flat" at all. I'm hearing detail, openess, musicality, and as was described in a review, dynamics. Unfortunately I had to sell my P-51 to buy the Rx so I can't do an AB test. The P-51 is fantastic. I used it for a long time and a Hornet before it. If I had to list them as bassy and/or punchy I would go, Hornet, P-51, then Rx. In no way am I saying that the Rx lacks base. I believe it represents highs, mids, and lows equally and powerfully which creates the dynamics. I wanted the Rx, not just because of the good reviews, but for its form factor. I just got an iphone 3gs and wanted an amp that would lend to the phone's shape. I was worried about parting with the P-51, but am greatly relieved and excited with the Rx. It surpassed my expectations all the way around. If I had the money right now I would rebuy the P-51 or Shadow, and put in an order for the Pico Slim. It's getting great reviews as well.

hey did u really find the hornet to have more punch than the mustang???

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #19 of 24

mine also kept turning itself on when in my pocket.

have sent mine in and the tracking says that delivery was attempted couple days ago so i contacted ken yesterday and told him about this, got a message back today asking if i also sent in the charger as requested so i guess he aint picked it up or had it re-delivered yet otherwise he would know iv sent the charger in.

your one with the red end plates looks great that iv asked ken if its possible to get the replacements with red end plates so fingeres crossed, did ask him couple times now but he has never answered that question so maybe not lol

Quote:
No problems with my RX.  It's performing as expected.  My only quibble is that the on/off switch keeps turning on and draining the battery.  No biggie though.

Hope yours gets fixed.

CJ

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #20 of 24
I have had some troubles w// my Rx - now about a year old.  First, had to return it because I was only getting one channel, despite seating the headphone plug; returned the amp, and ALO was kind enough to substitute a new unit.  The new one worked quite welll for a while, but then developed static noise in one channel -- Returned it again, and Ken replaced the board, although he also said he suspected the problem was in the LOD (which I have used w/ other amps without replicating the problem).  In short, I've been a bit disappointed w/ the build quality for the price point, but also note that most everyone else who has commented on this amp (and ALO stuff in general) has had nothing but good things to say... Anyone else having these kinds of issues with this amp?

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #22 of 24

Quote:
Anyone have any experience w/ the Rx Mk II?  Audible changes from Mk I? 

Thanks!

I have the Mk II and love it but I never tried the original Rx.  So far it is the best portable amp I heard (including the first gen Arrow).

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #23 of 24
Thanks - I like the Rx - but have found it a tad dry in presentation -- something I did not even notice until I heard a Meier Stepdance...

Just curious if the sound signature changed at all.
 ​

Jul 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #24 of 24
I bought my Rx last year in February. Truth be told I've used the Amphora more than my Rx. I was a little disappointed when my Rx had the same issue as yours. It started the day before yesterday, the day my ALO Continental was shipped. The Continental by the way is so amazing...it's unbelievable.

I contacted ALO Audio but a replacement/repair was not possible. It's sad when an amp that I've hardly used much dies in a year. Whereas my Xin Supermini-IV is chugging along nicely after 5 years with almost daily use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back