ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
Apr 22, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #797 of 1,084
Thanks for the reply! I bought this to use as a desktop amp (even though its advertised as a portable, it is no slouch by any means).

Glad to hear that your doing the same, I can keep it connected with a peaceful mind.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #798 of 1,084
I'd discharge the battery every so often, but that may just be me.....

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #800 of 1,084
Adamora: batteries stay in good shape when they are regularly discharged (not completely) and recharged. Keeping it always plugged in may damage the battery in the long run as it was designed to run on battery, but there is very little interference that hits the signal because of dirty mains effluvium. 

EDIT: got the name wrong.

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #801 of 1,084
Alrighty then, ill just keep it right beside the amplifier and plug it every so often.

Apr 27, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #804 of 1,084
I need an urgent reply regarding the cables I've just ordered from Norneaudio, I chose the Kobiconn balanced termination for my cables, But im wondering if they will work even if I'm using a single ended cable as a source, will it still output from the balanced section?

Apr 27, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #805 of 1,084
  I need an urgent reply regarding the cables I've just ordered from Norneaudio, I chose the Kobiconn balanced termination for my cables, But im wondering if they will work even if I'm using a single ended cable as a source, will it still output from the balanced section?

Both outputs are active regardless of which input you are using, just make sure you have the back switched to "S" for the single ended input, or "B" for balanced input.  I'm currently listening to my TH600s with the 1/8" jack, with the input coming through the balanced port (RSA/Kobiconn whatever you call it) 

Now It's debatable if you are getting any benefits with your "balanced" headphone cable, but at least you are prepared for future balanced inputs, and can enjoy your headphones still...

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #810 of 1,084
Hmm, If i lower my DAC/media players volume down to 20% while at any gain level, if i try to go past past the 60% mark on the volume knob, no volume increase happens, it just stops. is that normal? or is my unit defective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back