All things ZMF!
Apr 1, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #61 of 63
Great reviews! Which is your top choice for EDM/trance? That is the majority of my listening along with some rock and I’m looking to add another ZMF alongside the bokeh. I was thinking atrium closed, but would love to hear your thoughts on what you prefer with those genres (and what chain you have them on)
Strongly would lean towards the Atrium Closed or Caldera for edm and trance. The answer would depend what you are looking for.

Atrium Closed is more instant-punchy and clean. But it still has warmth. Can be slightly influenced by cables. As I said, I prefer the 2k copper, but the palladium is excellent is well if you want to slightly lift the midrange. If I am not working and want all out detail then I go with the Verite silver cable. All using xlr.

Caldera is a more well-rounded headphone than Atrium Closed, but depending on what you are looking for, that may not be best. It just sounds good and right. There isn't anything I can pick it apart for.

A car analogy would be a Porsche 911 GT3 vs a Shelby GT500 mustang. One is perfect in almost every way, but can be a bit on the serious side. One is slightly flawed, but has a extremely fun personality.

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #62 of 63
I just realized I forgot to add the Bokeh into my list. I'd probably tie it with the Atrium Open. In my original reviews I said it was like a Atrium Jr, but easier to drive to great potential. Worked well on all the daps I used.

Apr 15, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #63 of 63
These are up coming “yes please” from ZMF
P1012337.jpeg

P1012339.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back