All things ZMF!
Oct 25, 2023 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

unfitstew

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everybody!

I have seen individual threads for all the ZMF headphones along with the everything amp pairings thread. But no generalized one to talk about all/any of them. If I missed that thread feel free to redirect me. I am not trying to start a redundant thread.

This thread is for anything related to ZMF. Whether that is amp pairings, comparing ZMF headphones models, first impressions, sending pictures and more. My only rules are to be respectful to peoples tastes and opinions. May edit this later to be more formal and/or better as an introduction.

Oct 27, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 63
Anyone had a chance to try the new Grand Palladium cables yet (Standard or Silver)?
I don't think they are in peoples hands yet to my knowledge. It was just announced to be available to order.

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 63
Did a quick check on the ZMF site. The Grand Silver Palladium lists for >$100+ (depending on length) over the Grand Palladium. But if you apply the "introductory discount", it looks like you can get the GSP for basically the same price as the GP's discounted price. (You have to add it to your Cart first to see the final price after discount).

Nov 5, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 63
Any news yet on the closed backs with 3.5mm connectors at cups that ZMF had at CanJam London?
I think I was told a likely release date of back end of 2023 or early 2024. Likely price about £1000.

Nov 5, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #7 of 63
Edit:

Just found the name and release date for the new headphones. They're called Bokeh and set to be released early Dec 2023, according to the official thread that I've just discovered on here :gs1000smile:

Nov 5, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #8 of 63
Edit:

Just found the name and release date for the new headphones. They're called Bokeh and set to be released early Dec 2023, according to the official thread that I've just discovered on here :gs1000smile:
Yeah! Can't wait for it to release.

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #9 of 63
Has anyone heard both the ZMF 2K Copper cable and the Lektrik-C 4-strand? At almost twice the price, how much better does the 2K actually sound?

Dec 5, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #10 of 63
Seems like an okay place to post, but starting to track what my next headphone target will be, and ZMF is top of the list… what would be an upgrade from the LCD-2C if I am looking for a similar tone, but more clarity?

Dec 7, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #11 of 63
My Lava Burst Ash Caldera order arrived today! The color is darker in-person which is what I was hoping for. A beautiful dark crimson and I love the grain/texture of the Ash wood. And very comfortably light too! Similar to the cherry wood AO's weight. Did a quick hook up to the Bifrost-2 DAC paired to the Violectric V222 and absolutely this is the best planar I have ever experienced.

Superb work from the ZMF Team! Thank you for the awesome craftsmanship with the Shou-Sugi-Ban ash. I knew I was going to order a Caldera after it was announced and waited for one that would call out to me. I know it is heresy to say this but I don't believe I need anything else...at least until ZMF has other wonderful surprises.

20231207_141411.jpg

1701978258072.gif

1701978277271.gif

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #12 of 63
I would like opinions on your favorite ZMF headphone for classical music and why.
I'm thinking about getting back into tube amplification for this so if you have an amplifier recommendation along with the ZMF headphone, that would be fantastic.
Thank you.

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #13 of 63
I would like opinions on your favorite ZMF headphone for classical music and why.
I'm thinking about getting back into tube amplification for this so if you have an amplifier recommendation along with the ZMF headphone, that would be fantastic.
Thank you.
My pick would be the Verite open (for classical). At this point, I think I have heard every ZMF (but have not spent a lot of time with a number of them). The VO sounds so solid with all instrumental music. Beautiful tone and timbre. As for an amp, there are so many great choices - OTL, OTC, etc. I love my Icon Audio HP8 Sig. (OTC with an impedance switch), but there are so many well regarded amps that I have not had the opportunity to hear. Check the ZMF Amp thread for many suggestions.

Dec 18, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #14 of 63
Got my Grand Palladium in today and I'm truly blown away. I was impressed with it in Dallas and hearing it on my system now it sounds pretty amazing. Energy, punch, low end, clarity, and not harsh at all. Very balanced. It's really, really impressive.

Dec 18, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #15 of 63
I got a new Crescent Snap during the ZMF November sale. I planned to put it on my Final D8000. I ended up selling the D8K, so as an experiment I put it on my OG Auteur. I installed it over the original headband and leather strap and it fit perfectly. It’s very comfortable, but then again I had no complaints with the stock setup.

If someone doesn’t want to hassle with installing a new Cresent Strap on their older ZMF, the new “Snap” accomplishes the same thing without having to take out any screws.

The only thing to keep in mind is if you have a larger head you might run out of extension on your rods once the Snap is installed over the existing headband and strap. I had to max out my rods to comfortably wear the Auteur with the Snap on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back