All Around Setup $700 budget
Jul 19, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 20

Quote:
For music of all categories and movies.

It does not need to be portable.

I could go a little over my budget if its worth it.

Heya,

BeyerDynamic DT990 600ohm (or Sennheiser HD600) + Matrix Cube DAC + Matrix M-Stage.

Hard to beat in that price range for what you're getting (and it's ability to grow/scale with new headphones as you collect).

Very best,

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #5 of 20
First we should ask what kind of music do you listen to? and what sound do you like? Smooth? Defined? Do you like treble? Do you like bass? Basically tell us more about yourself :)

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #6 of 20
+1 For Matrix M-Stage, great amp.

No experience with HD600s or Matrix Cube DAC, though I can tell you the HD650s synergize nicely with the Matrix M-Stage.

My recommendation for a DAC would be the Musical Fidelity V-DAC.

Quote:
Heya,

BeyerDynamic DT990 600ohm (or Sennheiser HD600) + Matrix Cube DAC + Matrix M-Stage.

Hard to beat in that price range for what you're getting (and it's ability to grow/scale with new headphones as you collect).

Very best,

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #8 of 20
He said he's willing to go over budget if it's worth it, and I feel it is. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #10 of 20
I listen to all kinds of music, everything from the beatles to kanye west which is why i said "all around setup" I dont really know what kind of sound i want....but I do want a decent amount of bass but nothing overwhelming.

I also do not want one sound disorting another, for example I want to hear 1 instrument clearly but i dont want to hear another instrument unclearly....if that makes sense.

Browsing the Forums it seams like the hd650 and the audio-gd fun would be a good combination, would the other DAC and AMP mentioned above be a better choice?

Quote:
First we should ask what kind of music do you listen to? and what sound do you like? Smooth? Defined? Do you like treble? Do you like bass? Basically tell us more about yourself :)

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #11 of 20
AD1000 or SA5000+E7+E9, Nuforce HDP+HD600, Matrix M Stage+Mini i+D2000, Yulong D100+Pro 2900, RS1i+MP-301 MKII.

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #12 of 20
Well I can tell you that you will definitely not regret the HD650 with the Audio-gd Fun. You get a lot for your money, great quality and sound. The awesome thing about the Fun is that it can be used as a dedicated dac, amp or preamp. Which means if you later want to upgrade the dac or amp you can still use the Fun as just a dac or just an amp. I've had mine for over a year now and just recently purchased the HD650 and it works well for any genre I've thrown at it. I'm actually happy with my headphones...finally
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #13 of 20
Go under budget, get a used Sennheiser HD-600 for $200. One of my favorite all-around headphones.

Add a Dynalo for $300 (classic amp) and maybe spend the other $200 on a Grado SR-225. Not an all-around headphone, but lots of fun and will sound great out of a Dynalo.

Jul 21, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #14 of 20
Ok I think I'm gonna get the HD650 and the Fun.

I just want to say this one more time just so we are clear, I listen to a variety of music everything from the beatles to kanye west.

I want a decent amount of bass but nothing overwhelming.

I also do not want one sound disorting another, for example I want to hear 1 instrument clearly but i dont want to hear another instrument unclearly....if that makes sense.

I would also like to use them for movies.

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #15 of 20
I always thought that more than neutral bass destroys the other frequencies. The HD650 proved me wrong. The imaging is excellent and is only bad when the recording is....

Good choice BTW, it's the setup Im sticking with for the next three years until Im done school and then Im gonna get some awesome speakers
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back