Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Oct 21, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #2,806 of 3,117
After listening to them for two hours straight lying on my carpet in the darkness, count me in. How bad is the stock cable, I can't believe grado would supply a low quality cable, hence I doubt the recabling changes. Anyone with experience that A-Bed recables? They are screaming for my home braided cotton sleeved cables.

Oct 22, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #2,807 of 3,117
I love my MS1s but once you buy them thats that - my emails have gone unanswered (I had a problem that I ended up fixing myself). Poor poor support. Two weeks and not one response to help me from Alessandro - be aware. You may be better off buyinmg from a third party to get support if something goes wrong.

Oct 23, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #2,808 of 3,117

I love my MS1s but once you buy them thats that - my emails have gone unanswered (I had a problem that I ended up fixing myself). Poor poor support. Two weeks and not one response to help me from Alessandro - be aware. You may be better off buyinmg from a third party to get support if something goes wrong.

<

That's not the first time I've read about slow or non-existent support from them.

What was your issue and how did you fix it?

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #2,812 of 3,117
It will sound okay. Not the highest audiophile sanctification, but approx. 80-90% of what a stock MS1 is capable to sound like.

Feb 17, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #2,814 of 3,117
soon to be owner of the MS1 
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #2,815 of 3,117

F107plus5 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sign me up as a charter member!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Truly a great set of cans!

Since receiving my MS2i I've been letting the Wife use my MS-1s for her computer, but since I can't use the MS2i on my computer, I have to steal the MS-1s back any time I need cans on my computer! One of the first things she did was try the MS-1s on her Zen, of course I had to give a listen....they sound great even un amped! That caused me to check out the difference between the Zen and my PCDP and I was again re-amazed at how good these phones really sound! Now I find that I am using the MS-1s on the portable more often than I did before I got the MS2i! I love my MS2i for really serious listening, but there is something so friendly about the MS-1s lighter weight and comfort and stability with reversed 414s, that I almost look foreward to a stint with the portable rig! They're just so darned much "fun"!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I got more deep understanding about this part, It is just the solution for my problem, It's very detailed, Thanks for your analysis!

Feb 19, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #2,818 of 3,117
My brother has a MS1 and now he asked me if I am willing to do some mods on them especially concerning the comfort :). So all owners of the MS1 are called to give me some advices please :)..

Feb 19, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #2,820 of 3,117
It sounds good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back