Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Apr 22, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #2,312 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to do the MS1K mod if you want deep bass.

I've been thinking about it. I've contacted rds about the distancers and found a local source for the pads.

...sometimes I really miss living in the states.

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #2,313 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter186 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been thinking about it. I've contacted rds about the distancers and found a local source for the pads.

...sometimes I really miss living in the states.

Sorry to have to ask again but how long do you suppose it takes for Alessandro to ship within CONUS?

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #2,314 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalAnalog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to have to ask again but how long do you suppose it takes for Alessandro to ship within CONUS?

Certainly not the best person to answer this, because I've never received a product from Alessandro in the states, but...

...in my experience, there's a fair amount of variation with first-class packages. Depending on your location, the shipper's location, the phase of the moon, your astrological sign, and old-fashioned luck, you're probably looking at 4-7 days.
beyersmile.png

Again, this is assuming USPS first-class shipping.

Apr 25, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #2,317 of 3,117
I never actually got shipping confirmation, but I ordered it April 21 if that helps.

First impressions....wow, a lot of bass! I have SR-80 as well, the MS1i leaves that in the dust in this area. The comfies definitely muffle the mids and highs, although that also means it'll be less fatiguing. Quite airy, I was watching an .avi of Deadwood, I could hear background noises quite clearly - good headstage.

I'm definitely gonna 1000 these suckers, can't wait!

Apr 25, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #2,318 of 3,117
Wow, that was fast. Hopefully mine will come this week.

I'm planning on trying the 1000 mod also. It's easy to get the pads here in Korea, and I should have some distancers on the way soon.

Glad you like them. I'm jealous...

Apr 25, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #2,320 of 3,117
Not at all. Prices are a little high in Korea, but it's (somewhat) offset by the declining value of the won.

The source I've found is currently selling them for 70,000 won, which is about $53 USD. Not terrible, but certainly not great. I'm still looking for a cheaper seller. I'll PM you with details.

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #2,322 of 3,117
Woot! They came. So far, I'm quite impressed. Upper mids and highs are very forward, which is what I was expecting. I was not expecting the bass response, however. I'm convinced that head-fi is full of bassheads. I read so many posts saying these were bass-shy, but that's not the case at all. It's tight and I would describe it as natural, not boomy or exaggerated.

So far, they are a touch bright and a bit fatiguing. Not really a problem, as I don't often wear phones at home for more than an hour or two. I'll expect I'll grab these most often for rock, and use other phones for other genres.

They're still burning in, so we'll see what happens. Quite pleased right now.

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #2,323 of 3,117
The good bass was also something I hadn't expected when I got mine back in 2006.

They'll generally sound better with bowls or modded.

Apr 29, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #2,325 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoyi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure it has been asked but the search is not bringing it up.

Is there much difference between the MS-1 and the MS-1i ??

From what I've heard, NO! With only a $10 price increase I'm inclined to believe it. Cosmetically they still appear identical. It would make it really tough to know which one you were really getting if buying used. The old ones sounded just fine though so it wouldn't really matter I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back