Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Apr 15, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #1,276 of 3,117
I came up with an idea for chord management, probably already been discussed before but here is what i do, i get Velcro strips that have stick backs and i stick one male and one female 4inch lengths together i form a loop or circle with them and use it to keep the chords together.

Here are some pics:

459863647_5105dd8fb4.jpg

459863639_623369bd45.jpg

459857669_7f1937a1de.jpg

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #1,278 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better! Just "better"! The MS-2i "sound" the same as MS-1, but the SQ is increased in every category. Once you go there, it's hard to go back!

Some folks find them to be a bit heavy, though.
frown.gif

Very tempting... The problem is that I found the comfort of the SR-325i to be less than their "plastic" sisters; the SR-325i is just too heavy to rest on the ears rather that the skull.

I suppose the MS-2i is close to the weight and comfort of the SR-325i?

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #1,279 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tantra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very tempting... The problem is that I found the comfort of the SR-325i to be less than their "plastic" sisters; the SR-325i is just too heavy to rest on the ears rather that the skull.

I suppose the MS-2i is close to the weight and comfort of the SR-325i?

Why no! The MS2i......naw; I guess the ID button isn't all that heavy.
frown.gif
Yeah; I guess they both weigh about the same, and have just about the same comfort level after all.
plainface.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #1,281 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by gosxicotet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, one question please...

is the MS1 good for classical music, opera, vocal, etc...?

if it's not good, what portable headphone is it?

thnak's

MS-1 does a reasonably good job with classical as long as it's not the "bigger" forms. They tend to put you right up there with the conductor at the podium rather than back a few rows in the concert hall. Opera is likewise very good as long as you'd like to be up quite close...or on....the stage. The vocals though are their strong point as they tend to do a great job of bringing out the emotion of the singers.

But yeah, they're a bit too forward in their presentation for the more traditional forms of classical where back a ways in the hall is where you'd like to sit.

Apr 17, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #1,282 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by gosxicotet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, one question please...

is the MS1 good for classical music, opera, vocal, etc...?

if it's not good, what portable headphone is it?

thnak's

Oh yeah. They can't match the K501s but they do me just fine.

Apr 17, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #1,283 of 3,117
I second that completely. Maybe the only thing that I take issue with thus far with the MS-1s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MS-1 does a reasonably good job with classical as long as it's not the "bigger" forms. They tend to put you right up there with the conductor at the podium rather than back a few rows in the concert hall. Opera is likewise very good as long as you'd like to be up quite close...or on....the stage. The vocals though are their strong point as they tend to do a great job of bringing out the emotion of the singers.

But yeah, they're a bit too forward in their presentation for the more traditional forms of classical where back a ways in the hall is where you'd like to sit.

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #1,284 of 3,117
Hi everybody, ordered these Friday morning and I can't wait to get them, though my card hasn't been charged yet. I currently own px100's which sound nice, now I'm looking for something better, and more aggressive, these seem like they would fit the bill. Reading all the posts helped me choose this instead of the SR-80. Sound would be from Soundblaster Live, which was a great step up from integrated, might be getting an M-Audio Rev. though. Sorry for a long post, anyone wanna describe how Tool's Lateralus sound on these? I have all their cds but that's my fav. I listen to 99% rock/metal.

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #1,285 of 3,117
Congrats on your purchase
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't listened to Lateralus for a while, but I can assure you that these babies work wonders with TOOL records.
biggrin.gif
I've been lately listening to 10,000 days and these phones just make the band shine. The bass riffs on 'The Pot' are nothing short of stunning coming from the PX100. Also the guitars on all tracks just sound so raw and energetic. I would find it hard to believe if you were disappointed with your pair once you get them.

Rest assured, you'll like 'em
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #1,286 of 3,117
Damn it!!! I made a stupid mistake in my order.. I mistyped the credit card number hehe.. Stupid me, Stupid me!
redface.gif
I just got an email from Alessadro minutes ago. I was all smiles thinking they have shipped my order, only to read the email and find out my credit card was declined!!
confused.gif
I checked all the details and found out one number was wrong! So I reodered and just cancelled my previous order.. Man, additional days of waiting then..
frown.gif

But I'm sure it will be worth it!
biggrin.gif

Lesson: Guys, please check all information you type when making an order to avoid unnecessary inconveniences.

Apr 17, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #1,287 of 3,117
..i just got an email from alessandro that they have processed my order and that my phones should ship today..
cool.gif
woohoo!!!! hopefully, customs here would not milk me by getting money for import duties.. it's election period here and politicians need all the money they can get..
frown.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #1,290 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by newphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My card's been charged, should i be getting an e-mail saying they've shipped like romntorres, or have they shipped already?

Seems like some get confirmations, some don't. I did not. Actually, the card charge showed up a day after the phones actually arrived. If your card was charged, they're probably on the way. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back