Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Apr 8, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #1,247 of 3,117
If these phones sound anything like the SR125's I tested then I will be a very happy camper
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #1,248 of 3,117
Went to test the MS-1, K18DJ and the beyer DTX 990.

Well i first tested the MS-1. Played some songs from Diana Krall and I must say the sound is definitely very crisp and clear. The soundstage is much wider than expected since many people said that Grado/Allesandro's headphone do not have a wide soundstage. Later i tested out on my own Ayumi Hamasaki album. And they still sound as great, you can hear the details very clearly. The cymbals, gutairs, bass and the clashes are all there. Very comfortable too. I love it but not the extend that it blew me away.

After that i gave the K81DJ a try. And they just have the fact that the bass is pretty strong, thats all. I can't hear the clashes clearly at all. Maybe this handphone is more towards R&B? But the boss gave a new set for me to audition so, it might not be burned in well yet, though he says that it will not make a difference and will still sound like one heck of a noisy machine. Comfortability is also pretty poor. I have to stretch my mouth every few minutes to make it feel better. But then, not really a big matter to me.

The beyer is quite a good headphone but still does not give me the warm and happy feeling. So i just rule it out.

Should be getting the MS-1 if i can't find any better headphones around that budget. Going to test the HD-485 soon. Just wondering if the senns can beat the grado/allesandros...

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #1,249 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to know if anyone who has MS-1's also has the im716's which I am using right now

i own both, n i think ms1 beats the im716 hands down in terms of SQ.

Apr 9, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #1,250 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i own both, n i think ms1 beats the im716 hands down in terms of SQ.

...must resist
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #1,251 of 3,117
just got mine this morning, been listening since, haven't gotten much of an impression yet, i have tested on comfy mainly, i also have 414s and bowl pads to test later toniight

Apr 10, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #1,252 of 3,117
Gatdamn!

I ordered these guys early. I freaking gave in.

BUT!

When I ordered it said the security certificate was from some other company and now I've received an email from "hounddogcorp." and they said to either cancel and re-order or to send them my CC info for verification!? I'm definitely not sending them that through email but should I re-order???

Can they be trusted?

Apr 10, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #1,253 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak40ozKevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gatdamn!

I ordered these guys early. I freaking gave in.

BUT!

When I ordered it said the security certificate was from some other company and now I've received an email from "hounddogcorp." and they said to either cancel and re-order or to send them my CC info for verification!? I'm definitely not sending them that through email but should I re-order???

Can they be trusted?

hounddogcorp is the name of the company taking care of shipping/payment (or it may even be the official name of Alessandro's) as you can see from the (order)info e-mail address on Alessandro's site (hounddogcorp@verizon.net). I did send them an inquiry on that address and got a good and fast response. I also got my MS2i very fast
biggrin.gif

Still, I never had to confirm my card info. Did you do something during the order process? Cancel when seeing the security certificate issue or something?

- If you did something 'wrong' during the process, just let them know they can cancel it and that you'll retry to order; the certificate issue is no biggy and lots of ppl ere have gone through the process only to end up with a very good set of headphones
tongue.gif

- If you want to go through with your current order, offer them to fax your info, as it cannot be 'stolen' as easily.

Apr 10, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #1,254 of 3,117
Thanks for the info. I just decided to re-order through the website again. I ordered them so late at night that I might have put a mistake in there somewhere. They said the the credit card came up invalid but I don't know if that means I put the cc# wrong or if the billing address didn't match the card. Oh well I guess I will learn tomorrow.

Really looking forward to receiving this package!!

Apr 11, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #1,255 of 3,117
So the headphones arrived today and I must say that they lived up to the hype. Far more detail and clarity than I'm used to, another happy customer here. Actually I haven't seen a single person here on head-fi that has been disappointed with their MS-1.

For those who care, it took approx. 12 days from order to getting the cans.

I'm off searching for some more music to enjoy.

Apr 12, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #1,256 of 3,117
Welcome to the MS1 fan club "In the Membrane" I too have'nt heard anything negative about these cans. Anyhow welcome and enjoy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #1,257 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushimoto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to the MS1 fan club "In the Membrane" I too have'nt heard anything negative about these cans. Anyhow welcome and enjoy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmmmmm......I wonder.

Is it "negative" to use the terms "gateway drug" or "addictive"?

Apr 12, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #1,258 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by in_the_membrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the headphones arrived today and I must say that they lived up to the hype. Far more detail and clarity than I'm used to, another happy customer here. Actually I haven't seen a single person here on head-fi that has been disappointed with their MS-1.

For those who care, it took approx. 12 days from order to getting the cans.

I'm off searching for some more music to enjoy.

MS-2i.............. MS-2i.................... MS-2i......................

Do U hear that in the distance?

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #1,259 of 3,117
YEAH I GOT THEM!!!!!!!!!!

*humps everyone in thread

Apr 13, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #1,260 of 3,117
I'm still waiting for mine
frown.gif

Of course I already received my 414 pads, and I ordered them two days later!
The suspense is killing me....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back