Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Mar 19, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #1,171 of 3,117
finally succumbed to the vast mountains of praise on these forums for these headphones and ordered a pair. i ordered them almost a week ago and the card still hasn't been charged; although i'm not too fussed. has anyone emailed recently to find out if they'll be on backorder and for how long?

Mar 19, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #1,172 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by exempler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
finally succumbed to the vast mountains of praise on these forums for these headphones and ordered a pair. i ordered them almost a week ago and the card still hasn't been charged; although i'm not too fussed. has anyone emailed recently to find out if they'll be on backorder and for how long?

A week ago the ETA was 2 weeks, so approximately 2 - 1 weeks. Math as the day job, and this is the best I can do.

Mar 19, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #1,173 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Televator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put the HD414 pad on a cutting board with the existing hole up and just followed the contour of the existing hole with a sharp cutter... pure freehand cutting. It works wonders (the hole is just a few mm's smaller than the standard hole) as it opens up the way to the driver without my ears touching it... but I guess a socket would be quicker/safer and easier

You know what works really well for this mod? A 1 1/2" hole saw for a drill, without the drill bit/clamp mechanism in the center.

HOLESAW.JPG

Put the pad down on a piece of wood or even thick cardboard, put the saw, teeth down, into the hole against the back of the pad, hit with hammer a few times, repeat on other side. Perfect hole.

Mar 19, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #1,175 of 3,117
Quote:

since you're in australia, you coud of purchase your ms-1 on www.headphones.com.au for $150au. with free delivery.

Mar 20, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #1,177 of 3,117
Quote:

i considered it, but thought i could hold out for a little longer seeing as it's $25 more and in a 1/4 plug rather than the mini plug.

actually there is an option where you can choose the mini plug with a 1/4 adapter which is what most people do with their ms1's........
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #1,178 of 3,117
yup, that's what i chose - but as far as i can tell, headphones.com.au only stocks the 1/4" terminated models, and is why i instead ordered from alessandro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sscaff1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate that I'm constantly reading this thread. I ordered my MS-1s on 3/2 and they haven't even shipped yet. I called Alessandro last week and the guy told me they have been back ordered for a week. I ordered the 1/4" plug btw. Apparently, the 1/8" plugs are available and shipping.

and that was on the 14th.. that's why i was wondering if anyone had a more recent reply. but that's fine, i'll just wait it out i think.

Mar 20, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #1,179 of 3,117
Quote:

yup, that's what i chose - but as far as i can tell, headphones.com.au only stocks the 1/4" terminated models, and is why i instead ordered from alessandro.

and that was on the 14th.. that's why i was wondering if anyone had a more recent reply. but that's fine, i'll just wait it out i think.

its worth the wait
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #1,180 of 3,117
I ordered mine Friday the 16th direct from Alessandro and they said they were back ordered for two weeks. I'm looking forward to receiving them.
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2007 at 12:21 PM Post #1,181 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A week ago the ETA was 2 weeks, so approximately 2 - 1 weeks. Math as the day job, and this is the best I can do.

They emailed me back on March 9th saying they are backordered for 1-2 weeks.

Mar 20, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #1,182 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber_Soul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They emailed me back on March 9th saying they are backordered for 1-2 weeks.

Haha, off topic, but just reminds me: "A geographical oddity! Two weeks away from everything!"

Mar 20, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #1,183 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who's had their MS-1 for more than a year? They only get better with age
smily_headphones1.gif

Going on a year-and-a-half now and they are still terrific. Fortunately for the wallet, there aren't shops or many enthusiasts in the area through which I can compare. Actually, now that I think about it, I'll be moving to St Louis soon, anyone know any good shops there?

Mar 20, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #1,184 of 3,117
I love my MS1's
rs1smile.gif
. I had some trouble adjusting to the way they fit, but after swapping the stock pads with reverse 414's, everything is fine.

They're clearly to superior to any headphones I've had before (which, I must admit, were mainly cheap earbuds and a pair of MX-400's - hardly comparable). Their price-performance ratio is also amazing. Compared to my dad's Senn PX-200's they are lightyears ahead (though only about $25 more expensive). And quite portable as well, although the isolation they provide is practically zero of course.

I've also clearly noticed they break-in. They sound different then a few months ago.

On a sidenote: can someone recommend an amp to go with these? I'm thinking 0-150$ here and preferably portable.

Mar 21, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #1,185 of 3,117
What are reverse 414's and where do I get them? I have some ms1's and the fit is the only annoying thing about them. Great otherwise. Does anyone know if they are in fact the same thing as the Grado sr125's? The distributor for Grado here in Australia told me that this was the case and that the whole Alessandro thing is just a market expansion exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back