Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jan 4, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #781 of 3,117
I sent them another e-mail..

When do you guys think they'll have them ready to ship?
blink.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #782 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well Alessandro doesn't charge until it's shipped. And I don't think there are any laws against excessive wait time
biggrin.gif
. By the way if it was just the law of supply and demand, Alessandro would raise their prices and increase their supply to meet the demand. However, they don't do this because of sticky prices. Also this huge demand jump recently is sort of a cyclical FOTM phase
lambda.gif

I do not doubt that Alessandro himself would love to increase the stock count but remember that he also depended on John Grado for supplies. Since we are talking about novelty headphones here which is not exactly put on mass production, we will have to bear with the delays.

Jan 4, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #783 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent them another e-mail..

When do you guys think they'll have them ready to ship?
blink.gif

I reckon about a a week, maybe 2.

Jan 4, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #786 of 3,117
What?!?
confused.gif

Now that can't be. I'm not sure how Alessandro ship their phones, but someone has to take the responsibility for the lost package. It cant be your fault. So the customs can't even say if they received such package?
rolleyes.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #787 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, i phoned the customs in frankfurt today. the were not able to say anything about it's too long gone...
so as it seems, i lost $99 or 80EUR...
frown.gif

sad

Yeah. That doesn't seem very fair... Shouldn't Alessandro give you your money back?

On the other hand, if the package wasn't insured, then you MIGHT have just lost $99. Give Alessandro a call...

Jan 5, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #789 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah. That doesn't seem very fair... Shouldn't Alessandro give you your money back?

On the other hand, if the package wasn't insured, then you MIGHT have just lost $99. Give Alessandro a call...

nope, alessandro is not responsible for that because they shiped it via air mail to germany... so it's someones fault who works in germany (and i'm gonna kill him)
but i phoned everyone here and no one was able to give an answer...

Jan 5, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #790 of 3,117
@b0ol

How did you pay for the phones?
If you`ve payed via paypal or creditcard, i would give them (paypal or the bank that issued your cc) a short notice that you haven`t received the item.

Usually they contact the seller and he has to PROOF that he has sended the item.

If he can`t proof, you`ll get your money back for sure.
And even if he can proof that he has shipped the package you probably get your money back too because usually the seller is responsible to take care that you get the package, and if you don`t he is in charge to question where it eventually got lost.

I`ve purchased myself a pair of Shure E500PTH. I payed via paypal on 20th december, they shipped out on 29th and i received them on 3rd january.
They went their way through german customs at Frankfurt Airport too but due to the low value that was declared customs didn`t open the package and i got them without any fees to pay.
But if there is a higher value declared, such as 100 $, you usually have to pay the german import taxes, which has currently rised to 19 %
rolleyes.gif
If that is so, shipping could last a little longer because you have to pick up the package at your local Zollamt or Hauptzollamt or, if shipped via ups or fedex, they do the customs stuff for you but they`ll charge for that.
But anyway two months is way out of the usual shipping time.
I personally think that the package might have been gone, sorry to say that.

Jan 5, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #791 of 3,117
i already contacted them and they answered that they were sent on 3rd nov. :/
they also suggested me i should conteact the customs... unfortunately they were not able to tell me where my package is due to the long time ago it was sent -.-
i'm very upset

Jan 5, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #792 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzergrennie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@b0ol
But if there is a higher value declared, such as 100 $, you usually have to pay the german import taxes, which has currently rised to 19 %
rolleyes.gif
If that is so, shipping could last a little longer because you have to pick up the package at your local Zollamt or Hauptzollamt or, if shipped via ups or fedex, they do the customs stuff for you but they`ll charge for that.

What? Import tax???
blink.gif

Is this just in Germany, or is it in other countries too?

Jan 5, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #793 of 3,117
Import duties/taxes are a certain percentage of the value of the shipped item that need to be paid to the governent.

The ms1's are $100,- ad 19% import taxes and you'll have to pay $119,-

Germany is in the European Union, within the EU you don't need to pay import taxes if you buy stuff from other countries. When items ship from out of the EU you need to pay import taxes.

Jan 6, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #794 of 3,117
When I checked my account balance today it showed a charge of $99, so hopefully my MS-1's will be here soon. *crosses fingers*

(I placed the order on December 17 for anyone wondering about how long the wait is.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back