Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Dec 5, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #2,956 of 3,117
For what its worth i pretty much retired my MS1's when i got a pair of 225i's. They are a little warmer if you like, but the better clarity and resolution of the 225i makes me reach for them first.

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #2,957 of 3,117
  I'm interested in picking up a pair in the future for some modding purposes down the line. I was just wondering if ever the headphone breaks or needs repair if I have to send them back to Alessandro or to Grado for the repair.

Also I just recently got a pair of SR225i and wondering if the MS1i would serve as a complimentary can. I'm mostly intrigued at the price point of the MS1i and comparability to the SR125i in some aspects and the portability with the 3.5mm jack compared to the 6.3mm jack of my SR225i.

FWIW, I had a driver go out on my MS1's and sent them to Alessandro and he fixed them (replaced the bad driver). Only cost me shipping.

Feb 5, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #2,958 of 3,117
  I'm interested in picking up a pair in the future for some modding purposes down the line. I was just wondering if ever the headphone breaks or needs repair if I have to send them back to Alessandro or to Grado for the repair.

It depends on the kind of damage. Some people are comfortable fixing Grados themselves (possible if you're ok with taking glued parts apart), while repairing the wooden Grados (without damaging them) is more difficult.

Once you've taken them apart, you'll see that they are surprisingly simple.

I've listened to my stock Alessandro MS-1 for ten years, in and out of my backpack, etc. and they are still in excellent condition – take that for what it's worth. The only thing I've done to them is get one new pair of comfy pads.

The MS-1 are a good complement to my Grado HP-2. They might be fairly similar to your SR-225, though. An amplifier may make more of a difference (e.g., either headphone will get better bass, etc. with a good amp).

Feb 5, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #2,959 of 3,117
I feel like these cans would be the best for listening to genres like jazz or indie rap with really intricate beats with acoustic type instruments. Is this a correct perception or am I totally off? Also, how do these compare to the SR-80i's?

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #2,960 of 3,117
Just got my MS-1 (2009 versions) and I am listening to Miles Davis "Round About Midnight" on laptop. This is as close to music bliss as I could ever hope to be. The stock pads seem to suit my ears well the sound, well I guess that is why you are all members of the fan club already. So far I have only used the laptop directly or my home-made, 10 year old homemade Cmoy/phone to drive them but I have a little bear desktop unit coming. What a fantastic set of cans for $109 though.

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #2,961 of 3,117
  This is as close to music bliss as I could ever hope to be.

And so it starts, that slippy slope of Gradoitis, unsubscribe from this forum and run away while you still can
evil_smiley.gif

Seriously though, congrats and enjoy!

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #2,962 of 3,117
  Just got my MS-1 (2009 versions) and I am listening to Miles Davis "Round About Midnight" on laptop. This is as close to music bliss as I could ever hope to be. The stock pads seem to suit my ears well the sound, well I guess that is why you are all members of the fan club already. So far I have only used the laptop directly or my home-made, 10 year old homemade Cmoy/phone to drive them but I have a little bear desktop unit coming. What a fantastic set of cans for $109 though.

Welcome to the club! MS1s where my first 'proper' headphones and I still love them.

Get some Grado L-Cushion pads and they'll sound almost as good as the 225i/325is
smile.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #2,963 of 3,117
Just got my AluMod MS1s today and I must say I am rather impressed. Very nice, exciting sound that is details and it's got very nice bass. Next time I hear a stock one I will compare them. The stock Grado headband doesn;t fit me well at all, an aftermarket one fits me better. 

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #2,964 of 3,117
  Just got my AluMod MS1s today and I must say I am rather impressed. Very nice, exciting sound that is details and it's got very nice bass. Next time I hear a stock one I will compare them. The stock Grado headband doesn;t fit me well at all, an aftermarket one fits me better. 

Welcome to the club, mate!

Any pics?

beerchug.gif

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #2,969 of 3,117
  I'm looking to buy the MS1 as my first Grado 
biggrin.gif

Althought I'd like to know what is the diference between the original version to the 2009 version?

Thx.

It's the same as the change from the SR80 to the SR80i. The main difference is that the outer plastic chambers are larger.

MS1i on the left, MS1 (pre-2009) on the right

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #2,970 of 3,117
Originally Posted by sinnottj /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's the same as the change from the SR80 to the SR80i. The main difference is that the outer plastic chambers are larger.

MS1i on the left, MS1 (pre-2009) on the right

Thanks!
And witch one should be more confortable and durable?
Or they maybe the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back