Alessandro MS1i - Somewhat unimpressed...
Sep 3, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #16 of 27

Quote:
I agree that the bowls yield a considerable improvement in sound, particularly in terms of clarity. But they are so painful to wear for long periods of time, or even short period of times. One of the reasons why I sold mine - I didn't like being forced to choose between comfort and sound.

The key, again, is to bend the headband enough to get a REALLY loose fit. I'm talking the absolute minimum pressure required to keep them from falling off your head. Also the pads do soften with use and this can be accelerated by washing. I've found that after these steps and given their very light weight, I now find my SR80s quite comfortable, even for hours at a time.

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #17 of 27

[size=medium]
Hmm. I think I'm probably going to sell my MS1i's if they don't improve within the next week (if anyone in the UK wants MS1i's then keep a look out in the FS forum, I'll probably be selling them for £10 less than I bought them for and they're literally brand new). I don't want to bend the headband in case I end up selling them, I want to be able to sell them to whoever buys them exactly as I received them, only with an opened box.

On a side note, (sorry for the noob question but...) how do you go about selling things over here? Do you put the item up on eBay and leave a link to it or what?
[/size]

Quote:
I agree that the bowls yield a considerable improvement in sound, particularly in terms of clarity. But they are so painful to wear for long periods of time, or even short period of times. One of the reasons why I sold mine - I didn't like being forced to choose between comfort and sound.

I heard someone say something along the lines of "don't use bowls on the MS1's unless you're into the more hardcore aspects of masochism". If I find the comfies uncomfortable then I'd probably better avoid the bowls...

Sep 3, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:
Hmm. I think I'm probably going to sell my MS1i's if they don't improve within the next week (if anyone in the UK wants MS1i's then keep a look out in the FS forum, I'll probably be selling them for £10 less than I bought them for and they're literally brand new). I don't want to bend the headband in case I end up selling them, I want to be able to sell them to whoever buys them exactly as I received them, only with an opened box.

On a side note, (sorry for the noob question but...) how do you go about selling things over here? Do you put the item up on eBay and leave a link to it or what?

I heard someone say something along the lines of "don't use bowls on the MS1's unless you're into the more hardcore aspects of masochism". If I find the comfies uncomfortable then I'd probably better avoid the bowls...

You just need to make a FS thread in the appropriate forum with the stipulated conditions of your sale (price, preferred payment method, shipping restrictions, etc etc), as well as a picture or two, and wait for a response from any interested members.

Sep 4, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #19 of 27

Quote:
[size=medium]

[/size]

Not really, because I've found comfies horrible for comfort, bowl is better indeed (for me).

Sep 4, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #20 of 27
If you adjust (bend) the headband like you are supposed to, the comfies are fine.  I wear my SR125i's for 3-4 hrs a day at work.  You have to bend the headband for the best and most comfortable fit.

Sep 4, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #21 of 27
Nearly new MS-1s for sale in the UK? I'm interested... oh no wait, I'm broke. Dang it. I also think my parents might kill me if I buy another pair of headphones.

Sep 4, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #23 of 27
Sold mine to a fellow Head-fier in UK. I kept my SR80i's with bowls,much more fun,whatever amp i use.You should get a good price on Head-Fi FS or ebay.I can wear Grado's with bowls allday no probs,lucky me...
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
EternalEmpire - what equipment are you plugging your MS1i headphones into? 

Just my PC, though I also have a Technics phonograph (SL-3) hooked up to the amp that goes with it (SU-3). I haven't gotten round to buying a desktop amp or any fancy equipment yet since I've never owned a pair of headphones that would require it, apparently the MS1 don't sound much different when amped, they didn't sound very different to me when connected to my phonograph and amp.

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Just my PC, though I also have a Technics phonograph (SL-3) hooked up to the amp that goes with it (SU-3). I haven't gotten round to buying a desktop amp or any fancy equipment yet since I've never owned a pair of headphones that would require it, apparently the MS1 don't sound much different when amped, they didn't sound very different to me when connected to my phonograph and amp.

I would agree. I ran my MS1is out of both the headphone jack of my iPhone and my DAC19/C2 amp combo and thought the difference was marginal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back