Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ]
Jun 24, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #421 of 522
Quick update.

Been listening to these intensely for the last 3 days.

Really LOVE the Alclair Spires. It sounds so fun while being analytical like the AP at the same time. The most impressive thing about the Spires is how it is tuned out. It is NEVER harsh nor sibilant. Most IEMs I own always sounded harsh or sibilant during certain songs or volume.

I definitely prefer the Spires over my AP(which is my #1 over the ear headphone).

Glad I took the gamble :)

Though I wished my Spires turned out better aesthetically. Though it's not ugly but it's not very pretty either.

Glad you like them! Alclair is really great at what they do!! I listen to my RSMs almost everyday.

What source did you use with the Spires?

Jun 24, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #422 of 522

Quick update.

Been listening to these intensely for the last 3 days.

Really LOVE the Alclair Spires. It sounds so fun while being analytical like the AP at the same time. The most impressive thing about the Spires is how it is tuned out. It is NEVER harsh nor sibilant. Most IEMs I own always sounded harsh or sibilant during certain songs or volume.

I definitely prefer the Spires over my AP(which is my #1 over the ear headphone).

Glad I took the gamble
smily_headphones1.gif

Though I wished my Spires turned out better aesthetically. Though it's not ugly but it's not very pretty either.

Glad you like them! Alclair is really great at what they do!! I listen to my RSMs almost everyday.

What source did you use with the Spires?

Did most of my listening off of my xDuoo x3 which has the same chip as the Fiio x3

Was thinking about upgrading my source but not sure if I need to

What are you guys running it off of?

Jun 24, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #426 of 522
Did most of my listening off of my xDuoo x3 which has the same chip as the Fiio x3

As for a Cable, I have a Forza as well and it makes a difference for the better, not to mention makes it look even better.

If you are looking for another source I have a DX90 for sale.

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #427 of 522

As for a Cable, I have a Forza as well and it makes a difference for the better, not to mention makes it look even better.

If you are looking for another source I have a DX90 for sale.

I'm running the new 4 drivers with the onkyo dp x1. The dx90 makes a good source as well. I totally agree that upgrading the stock cable to the Forza one makes alot of difference, for the better of course.

I'm glad you like the Spire and this assures me of my purchase of the Spire in the near future. Haha! I wished you got a chance to demo the new 4 drivers as well.

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #428 of 522
I'm running the new 4 drivers with the onkyo dp x1. The dx90 makes a good source as well. I totally agree that upgrading the stock cable to the Forza one makes alot of difference, for the better of course.

I'm glad you like the Spire and this assures me of my purchase of the Spire in the near future. Haha! I wished you got a chance to demo the new 4 drivers as well.

I have the Onkyo as well, awesome device.

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #429 of 522
Jun 24, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #430 of 522

Which cable is it? Can you please link me? :/

Is Forza only located in Europe?

Im thinking of upgrading my portable player...

Jun 24, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #431 of 522
  Which cable is it? Can you please link me? :/

Is Forza only located in Europe?

Im thinking of upgrading my portable player...

I believe Tyler can link you to the right one. Mine was a loaner set from him and I have returned it already. I believe Forza is located in Europe. 

Which player are you looking at? I thought the Onkyo is good or if budget permits the QP1r. Where are you located at?

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #432 of 522

I believe Tyler can link you to the right one. Mine was a loaner set from him and I have returned it already. I believe Forza is located in Europe. 

Which player are you looking at? I thought the Onkyo is good or if budget permits the QP1r. Where are you located at?

I live in the US lol. Damn I guess Forza is out of the option then :/

I was thinking about the Astell & Kern JR, LG V10 or the iBasso DX90.

Leaning towards the LG V10 because it's a phone as well

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #433 of 522
Let me do some asking to see which cable works best with the Spire, the hybrid or copper. I should have my Spire next week which should help me figure out which cable is better with the earphone. Alclair might have a copper cable to sell you. They have stock of Forza Audio cables.

Why not the Opus1 for a DAP?

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #434 of 522
Let me do some asking to see which cable works best with the Spire, the hybrid or copper. I should have my Spire next week which should help me figure out which cable is better with the earphone. Alclair might have a copper cable to sell you. They have stock of Forza Audio cables.

Why not the Opus1 for a DAP?

Hmm haven't really heard of the Opus1.. Honestly new to DAP in general.

I wonder if $600 is a lot to invest for a DAP. Might just be a better idea to get the LG V10 as a audio upgrade + a phone upgrade as well.

And it's pretty awesome you are getting the Spires next week :p, I won't be the only one then! Def share your impressions with us :D

Edit: They must have the Forza Audio Cables hidden away from sale because I don't see them on their websites

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #435 of 522
I'll do that.

I don't think music from a phone is all that bad. if you don't need lots of space for music a phone works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back