Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ]
Jun 21, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #406 of 522
out of curiosity, how come the alclairs aren't so popular or well-known? Anyone know?

There are start-ups like Vibro Aria who is getting massive attention and alclair which has been around for much longer hasn't received any attention at all...

There are zero reviews on head-fi on their CIEM...

I'm getting my CIEM later today. If they impress me enough, I'll change that.

What makes you say that? What coverage has the Aria gotten that the alclair's don't?

Jun 21, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #407 of 522
What makes you say that? What coverage has the Aria gotten that the alclair's don't?

For example, if i was just to do a quick search on head-fi for Alclair.

Under products, there are zero reviews except for the curve universal monitors.

You search through Vibro Aria, there are at least 3 reviews there and there are even more reviews on reddit and other websites.

Even searching for reviews on the Alclair RSM on google, there are maybe 1-3 reviews in total.

It seems strange to have so little reviews on their products when their company has been active for several years longer than the Vibro Aria.

Maybe the Vibro Aria pays people to review their product?

There's not much publicity in Alclair. I actually stumbled on Alclair from reading Joe's review on theheadphonelist.

I think your typical user wouldn't be aware of Alclair unless they did a extensive search.

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #409 of 522
For example, if i was just to do a quick search on head-fi for Alclair.

Under products, there are zero reviews except for the curve universal monitors.

You search through Vibro Aria, there are at least 3 reviews there and there are even more reviews on reddit and other websites.

Even searching for reviews on the Alclair RSM on google, there are maybe 1-3 reviews in total.

It seems strange to have so little reviews on their products when their company has been active for several years longer than the Vibro Aria.

Maybe the Vibro Aria pays people to review their product?

There's not much publicity in Alclair. I actually stumbled on Alclair from reading Joe's review on theheadphonelist.

I think your typical user wouldn't be aware of Alclair unless they did a extensive search.

I see. It might be a factor that Vibro is a sponsor. I don't think Vibro pays people to review though (not me at least) -- it may be that Vibro labs seemed to originate/launch initially from the headphones Reddit, where most people really like sharing impressions and such. Alclair IEMs do have some coverage but you're right, ID love to see more info on them. But that being said, searching the RSM will only get about 3 reviews. However, searching the reference will also get you a couple reviews (more than RSM, I think). Hopefully once I figure out my RSM issue I can add a review: )

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #410 of 522
I see. It might be a factor that Vibro is a sponsor. I don't think Vibro pays people to review though (not me at least) -- it may be that Vibro labs seemed to originate/launch initially from the headphones Reddit, where most people really like sharing impressions and such. Alclair IEMs do have some coverage but you're right, ID love to see more info on them. But that being said, searching the RSM will only get about 3 reviews. However, searching the reference will also get you a couple reviews (more than RSM, I think). Hopefully once I figure out my RSM issue I can add a review: )

If my Spires impress me enough, I will add a review as well :)

Well.. If Alclair products are as impressive as people say they are..

Though i'll find out in a few hours ^_^

Jun 21, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #412 of 522
Can't wait to hear your impressions of the Spire!
smily_headphones1.gif
Post some pictures as well!

Just received mine!

pics here

a little disappointed in how they turned out as the colors were darker than i thought but that's okay!

http://imgur.com/a/1HBhu

Jun 21, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #413 of 522
  Just received mine!

pics here

a little disappointed in how they turned out as the colors were darker than i thought but that's okay!

http://imgur.com/a/1HBhu

They're nice! So how's the Spire?

Jun 21, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #414 of 522
Exactly as described :). Neutral with slightly elevated bass and highs.

Will have to listen to it a bit further.

I am impressed. Great detail while maintaining a fun signature

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #418 of 522
  Have you tried it with a portable DAP or a phone. They sound even better with something around 2-2.5 Vrms

Going to have a closer listen with my portable player XDuoo x3 tomorrow at the office :). From what I know, the xduoo x3 has the same chip as the Fiio x3.

Sounds interesting.. You think they would sound better out of a phone/DAP?

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #419 of 522
  Going to have a closer listen with my portable player XDuoo x3 tomorrow at the office :). From what I know, the xduoo x3 has the same chip as the Fiio x3.

Sounds interesting.. You think they would sound better out of a phone/DAP?

Definitely out of a DAP, most phones are under powered, but still sound good. I know the 1st Fiio X3 had a Wolfson DAC and the second I believe has the the Cirus Logic. I prefer Sabre DACs.

Jun 24, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #420 of 522
Quick update.

Been listening to these intensely for the last 3 days.

Really LOVE the Alclair Spires. It sounds so fun while being analytical like the AP at the same time. The most impressive thing about the Spires is how it is tuned out. It is NEVER harsh nor sibilant. Most IEMs I own always sounded harsh or sibilant during certain songs or volume.

I definitely prefer the Spires over my AP(which is my #1 over the ear headphone).

Glad I took the gamble :)

Though I wished my Spires turned out better aesthetically. Though it's not ugly but it's not very pretty either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back