Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ]
Aug 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #452 of 522
Really like the designer and the handy sound graphs.....  Good job me thinks
smile.gif

Aug 14, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #453 of 522
RSMs fit me now, for the most part!

These are much bassier than I would expect for a flat-response 'reference' IEM, but I don't mind that as I listen to a lot of electronic music. I can definitely imagine some people saying it has too much bass for their preferences though.

On another note, they are gorgeous! Their service is also amazing.

itzfaNy.jpg

Aug 14, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #455 of 522
RSMs fit me now, for the most part!

These are much bassier than I would expect for a flat-response 'reference' IEM, but I don't mind that as I listen to a lot of electronic music. I can definitely imagine some people saying it has too much bass for their preferences though.

On another note, they are gorgeous! Their service is also amazing.

itzfaNy.jpg

Can you confirm wheter yours is the new or old 4 driver?

I agree though that the old RSM is quite a bit too bassy for reference. Not only the elevated bass, the decay is somewhat long for BA. I prefer to think RSM as a fun sounding customs.

Aug 14, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #456 of 522
Can you confirm wheter yours is the new or old 4 driver?

I agree though that the old RSM is quite a bit too bassy for reference. Not only the elevated bass, the decay is somewhat long for BA. I prefer to think RSM as a fun sounding customs.

I'm sure these are RSMs and not the new 4 driver; it's got two bores rather then three :)

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #462 of 522
I felt the RSM was too bassy for my tastes;
definitely not in the field of a "neutral monitor sound"  -- is the Studio4 similar in bass quantity?

There is more bass impact and better clarity. I use my RSMs with the Onkyo DPX1 which has the Sabre DAC which is not warm so they balance each other out. I like some bass as the treble can come very fatiguing after a short period.

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #465 of 522
This is a long shot, but has anybody heard a universal that has a similar sound signature to the RSM? Somebody on another forum suggested the Grado GR10, but I have fit issues with that. I really liked the sound of the RSM, but I need a universal. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back