AKG Q701 in GREEN. question for you owners out there.
Apr 3, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #46 of 68

Quote:
(A) If you wonder whether the Quincy pics were flipped, is QJ right or left handed?

(B) I've yet to read a detailed account (expose?) of how the sound of the Qs differs from the 702 differs from the 701. Is there a sonic reason to buy one over another? 

(C) I still enjoy my 501s, though they have no bottom end to speak of.

(D) Kinda like the green, and might be tempted if I hadn't spent my allowance on LCD-2s.

(E) Some posters on this thread might wanna cut back on the energy drinks...

A: Has already been answered.  QJ has them on backwards.  The picture is not reversed.

B: I have Q701's now, and I had K701's before.  I can't say for sure if they are different because I can't compare back to back, but I do like the Q701's more because my memory says they have more bass than the K701's did.  But I got my K701's used, so I don't know how burned in they were either. (But they had the older logo so I assumed they were already quite burned in.)

C: There are 3 baffles for the K501. V1, V2, V3.  The V3 baffles might have the most bass.  I have the V1, and even the Q701 has more bass.  However, the previous K701 I had, had less bass than my 501.  Q701 has more depth and dimensionality than the 501.  Strangely, I did prefer the K501 to the K701's I had, but I like the Q701's more than the K501's.  That kinda tells me that the Q701's are indeed different than the K701's.

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #48 of 68
One question if you wouldn't mind: I am thinking about buying these headphones, and I will use them on my computer, iphone.... , my question is if these headphones have something like noise isolation, because I just wanted to hear the music :D

Apr 6, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #49 of 68
The are open headphones and leak sound...there is basically no noise isolation. Not to mention you will need a desktop headphone amp to drive them appropriately.

Apr 7, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #50 of 68
Hmm, couldn't a portable amp like iBasso's D6 drive these guys properly?

Apr 9, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #52 of 68
The only portable amp I've tried that could try to drive the K701 was the Mustang. But it lacked bass and wasn't an altogether pleasant experience. You really need a desktop amp for this one.

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #53 of 68
I personally found the K701s to sound more tonally accurate when worn flipped...

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #54 of 68
Wow, that green is awesome! Now only if Sennheiser spiced up their headphones like that... Ah well, its too far out of my budget anyways, but one day 701s, one day... And on the few times I've accidentally flipped my headphones around (although the left-side input cord is an obvious giveaway) I don't instantly notice it but sometimes the sound seems sort of odd to me. Generally it only applies to when I listen to old music and I'm used to the correct stereo sides.

Apr 16, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #55 of 68

Quote:
 And on the few times I've accidentally flipped my headphones around (although the left-side input cord is an obvious giveaway) I don't instantly notice it but sometimes the sound seems sort of odd to me. Generally it only applies to when I listen to old music and I'm used to the correct stereo sides.

Do you think you would notice it IF YOU MADE THE STUPID MIX IN THE FIRST PLACE? 
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #58 of 68

Quote:
Or you could just flip the red and white things at the back of the source.

I could buy the Q 701 at 5%  above dealer cost but the shiny white rims around the pads look tacky . Too white and too shiny for my taste. I ended up ordering the black one at $399.00.
Call me shallow if you will but I like the " reference" cans having a serious look : BLACK. 

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #60 of 68
A coworker of mine just got some black ones for under 300USD from Amazon. We weren't surprised to see the green cable but we were surprised to see the green stitching on the headband. We didn't catch that in the pictures online. They sound to me like my K171 on steroids. Similar midrange sounds with more bass and more treble extension... wider and more detailed. They run from a NuForce Icon HD, which seems to match perfectly to these. I'm jealous and want some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back