AKG Q701 in GREEN. question for you owners out there.
Mar 31, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #16 of 68
No problem buddy!  It's a quite serious matter though because if the Q701 makes Quincy's mixes, as he said, sound like he always wanted them to sound, then the stereo image must be reversed, so all these years we've been listening to his recordings with L/R backwards! 

I wonder if that's a common problem for recording engineers- mixing up L and R.  Maybe he's color blind or something and put the RCA jacks on the wrong way. 

LoL...kinda tells you how closely Quincy listened to the Q701s.

He put them on for 1.2 seconds and then took the wheel barrel filled with $$$.

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #19 of 68

Quote:
I honestly don't know how a head-fier could buy or even keep a Q701 given what it represents.

Because I got a good deal on a pair, and I was curious to see if indeed they have more bass than the "older" K701?

biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #20 of 68
Quote:
I think you mean wheelbarrow.

I think you mean wiel borrough

Quote:
Because I got a good deal on a pair, and I was curious to see if indeed they have more bass than the "older" K701?

biggrin.gif

Yeah, it's your call in the end and that's cool.  But every time AKG sells a Q701 it reinforces the notion that re-branding headphones sells just as good as (or better than) re-engineering.  Every time they sell a Q701 they are less likely to make something that actually sounds better.  Since head-fi is really the only place where people care more about sound than image, it would be good if here on head-fi people didn't buy the Q701.  But like I said, it's your headphone which is none of my business. 

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #22 of 68
Man, that is hilarious. I can picture a whole crew of people there taking some promo shots and everyone is afraid to tell the great Quincy that he has them on backwards. Must not have had anything playing on them because reversing angled drivers makes them sound especially bad. Are there any other single entry headphones besides the HD 25s that have the cord on the right?!

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #24 of 68
Has anyone sent the picture to AKG to see what their response is? Should be funny.

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #25 of 68
And you all are sure the image hasn´t been flipped due to some advertising guy thought it was best suited to do so?

I.e. the original picture looks like this?

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #26 of 68
The cable comes out of the front left side of the housing, and in your mirrored image the cable is on the back left side.  So no, the image was not flipped
beerchug.gif

You can also tell that the pads are angling the headphones backwards and he's wearing the phones this way in at least 2 pictures.

Quote:
 Must not have had anything playing on them because reversing angled drivers makes them sound especially bad.

Unless he already thinks they sound especially bad so he could care less.  I highly doubt he had anything to do with even the color scheme.  They paid him to pose in some pictures and authorize his signature.  I find it hard to believe that Quincy would be into neon green it's more fitting of the exact opposite demographic in every way...

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #27 of 68

Quote:
And you all are sure the image hasn´t been flipped due to some advertising guy thought it was best suited to do so?

Not likely.The cable should be in front of the headphone housing if worn correct.

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #29 of 68
Back on track.

I decided not to go with the green Q701. I found a deal on a new Q701 so I got that. It's more of a classic look for me with the brown headband.

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #30 of 68
Man, that is hilarious. I can picture a whole crew of people there taking some promo shots and everyone is afraid to tell the great Quincy that he has them on backwards. Must not have had anything playing on them because reversing angled drivers makes them sound especially bad. Are there any other single entry headphones besides the HD 25s that have the cord on the right?!

Dt150

Quote:

I think you mean wiel borrough

Yeah, it's your call in the end and that's cool.  But every time AKG sells a Q701 it reinforces the notion that re-branding headphones sells just as good as (or better than) re-engineering.  Every time they sell a Q701 they are less likely to make something that actually sounds better.  Since head-fi is really the only place where people care more about sound than image, it would be good if here on head-fi people didn't buy the Q701.  But like I said, it's your headphone which is none of my business. 

Too much hating. I am not reading so much into the Q701.

AKG will release a new flagship when they feel like it. Quincy whatever has nothing to do with it.

And what's this about HeadFi caring about sound? Headfi doesn't care about sound, it cares about obscure Asian and European brands with crap interfaces and dodgy build quality and voodoo frozen cables sharing a name with Tito Ortiz's wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back