AKG owners unite...
Nov 30, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #301 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Frequency response graph of K1000, anybody?

From the user manual...
picture2ll2.png

Useful links:
User Manual
Service Manual
Brochure

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #303 of 368
Thanks, Krmathis! Helpful, as ever.

The curve (or should we say the straight line) is just as I thought it would be. I got a pair these days and did some listening. Apart from being astounded from the first impressions I thought the highs were too much. But then a second thought came that the other cans that I've been listening to lately (mostly K701) have the highs rolled-off, which is may be not the case with K1000. Seems I guessed right.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #304 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is one crazy deal. The K601's will sound amazing for that price, let alone sounding amazing anyway.

Yarg. Too good to be true.
frown.gif

They only had a few of them, and their website updates stock info only every 24-36 hours, so my order just got canceled, even though the headphones were "in stock" when I ordered them.

Won't be able to join the party for awhile after all... sorry gents...

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #305 of 368
Hi everyone! Just chiming in... a fellow AKG fan by accident... just noticed that most of my cans are AKGs... hahaha

K240DF mated to a Corda 2Move on high-gain, high voltage. - primary cans, for studio work, and my iPod Touch
K81DJ - when I want to leave my amp behind and listen to my iPod Touch
K55 - "guest" cans
K324P -my iPod Shuffle's partner

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #306 of 368
Gotta love them AKGs...

Desk: K240DF - Yamaha C-80 Pre Amp - Foobar II w/OPA627s.

Bedside: K240DF - Enjoying directly fed by the headphone out of my Pioneer PD-91.

Office: K240S - GoVibe V7 Max - Turtle Beach AAM. Great synergy here! Sometimes ran by a Creative X-Mod when in a pinch. Mainly when I leave the laptop at home.

Yes, I have two pairs of K240DF.

Maybe one day I will venture into the realm of K701 or K1000. For now I am quite content.

Z

Dec 5, 2008 at 9:57 AM Post #308 of 368
Whoa, that's a lot more K240DF love than I remember here. :O
I have...
K271mkII, K240DFx3.5, K240MP, K401, and then a K701 on the way. I just ended up liking AKG the best. Okay, second best because Stax is king
tongue.gif

Dec 5, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #311 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertgfdsa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I had a K1000! I lost a Ebay bid for K1000 several day ago and I am so sad. Still searching for K1000.....

Well, there are a K1000 pair for sale in the Headphones For Sale / Trade forum...
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #313 of 368
I do not post here very often, but I am an AKG owner. I have one new and one older. My new one (a little over a year) is a pair of K701's that have had a cable and other modifications by ALO. The cable is the Jena Labs wire with the Furutech 1/4" connector. The older one is a pair of K240DF's in what is almost mint condition. They were stored away in a drawer. I do not have the original box and have no idea when I bought them. I think these were first made around 1993. The AKG website archives says they come with a mini 1/8" connector and a 1/4" adaptor both gold plated. Mine have a 1/4" nickel plated connector, so they must be earlier production before mini's and gold plated connectors became standard.

The K701's are very enjoyable to listen with and very comfortable (I wear glasses so cans that do not bother my glasses are important to me). I have to say I cannot remember the last time I used the K240DF's. If anyone can tell me more about them or send me a link on them I would appreciate it.

Dec 13, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #315 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Plachy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not post here very often, but I am an AKG owner. I have one new and one older. My new one (a little over a year) is a pair of K701's that have had a cable and other modifications by ALO. The cable is the Jena Labs wire with the Furutech 1/4" connector. The older one is a pair of K240DF's in what is almost mint condition. They were stored away in a drawer. I do not have the original box and have no idea when I bought them. I think these were first made around 1993. The AKG website archives says they come with a mini 1/8" connector and a 1/4" adaptor both gold plated. Mine have a 1/4" nickel plated connector, so they must be earlier production before mini's and gold plated connectors became standard.

The K701's are very enjoyable to listen with and very comfortable (I wear glasses so cans that do not bother my glasses are important to me). I have to say I cannot remember the last time I used the K240DF's. If anyone can tell me more about them or send me a link on them I would appreciate it.

I think the K240DF is a really nice and balanced headphone, at least the "good" version. The K701 is clearer and bigger sounding, but the K240DF has its merits, like nice guitar distortion and a little midbass hump for grooviness.

Like the Sextett, the K240DF went through versions as well; I think the main difference is the baffle inside. The center looks like the cross section of an orange with "slices" of vent holes for the driver, and I've seen two versions: open holes, and holes covered with black paper material. I found that my oldest most beat up pair with the covered holes sounded better than the newer ones with open holes. There were also different driver part numbers inside, but I don't think they're different.

The oldest ones have that nickel plug with black plastic shell, while more recent ones have the 1/8 with 1/4 screw on. And of course a good number will have been reterminated or recabled because of heavy studio use or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back