AKG owners unite...
Dec 14, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #226 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdRobin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it really that hard to get replacement pads for the 501?

yes

I just called Headroom about my K501 and a recabling and they said that it's still under warranty and to contact AKG. They're supposed to fix mine or send me a new one.

This is not going to be fun. ._.

Dec 23, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #227 of 368
Just got me some K 412Ps here in Hong Kong. They're the new version of the 24P, albeit in a more sedate black/silver color scheme. They sound great for the price (about $40 locally).

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #228 of 368
Love my K601's for movies and gaming. Music sounds pretty good, too.

Jan 1, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #229 of 368
How did I miss this thread for so long? Anyway, just dropping by to declare my love for the K340 sound.
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Jan 1, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #231 of 368
AKG makes headphones?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did I miss this thread for so long? Anyway, just dropping by to declare my love for the K340 sound.
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Those sound vaguely familiar?
tongue.gif

Seriously though, the arrival of my new gear, mainly the β22, has rekindled my romance with the K340. I never stopped loving her, but after 23 years together things can get a little routine. That and the younger woman that entered our household (Miss Chocolate Donut MkII) is an exotic mistress for sure.
The K340/β22 combo is magic IMO. It's probably a bigger change than the extensive mods I've had done to the phones. Better bass, extended dynamics, and is it my imagination or did the treble get even smoother?
Oh I'm not getting rid of my mistress, but I'm now a firm polygamist.
cool.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #233 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had my K701's for a few days now and Im really enjoying them. Very punchy, tight bass, great sparkle, and they convey guitars, strings, and vocals very very well imo. They are also very detailed. I love the build quality. The only thing bad I have to say about them is that they have a little too much clamp for me. Although, Ive been trying to stretch the headband out so I think this is improving. An excellent set of headphones and a definite step up from my 595's and 225's. They will only get better as I upgrade my rig too.
icon10.gif

I have the same reaction as you -- sonically very nice, but that headband is too hard on my head. I wonder what would happen if those thin black cords got cut. Has anyone tried this? Have you been able to get more slack from streching?

Jan 9, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #234 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by windowman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what would happen if those thin black cords got cut. Has anyone tried this?

That sounds like a bad idea to me....Maybe you were kidding? I feel your pain though, literally. The K701's hurt my head for some time and then I guess they loosened up. All was okay. Well, then a couple of days ago, they started hurting the top of my head again.
frown.gif

Love the sound though. They're worth the trouble.

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #236 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ech0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sounds like a bad idea to me....Maybe you were kidding? I feel your pain though, literally. The K701's hurt my head for some time and then I guess they loosened up. All was okay. Well, then a couple of days ago, they started hurting the top of my head again.
frown.gif

Love the sound though. They're worth the trouble.

No, I'm dead serious. Considering the radical mods some folks do to phones 'round here, this seems mild by comparison. It apears that they just hold the band tight to the head, something I don't want. But I'd rather not do this until I know what the full consequences are.

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #237 of 368
I suspect you'd be trading one problem for another, IMO.

I wonder if putting something a bit softer under the headband would make them feel better. Someone here has probably tried that already?

Edit: I remember a post here where someone removed the plastic "bump" part from the leather headband.

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #238 of 368
Recently got a pair of K701s and like how they sound.. Its nice to get a change from the HD650s... They both have different characters and I can see how one may like one or the either depending on their music choices..

Jan 13, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #240 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ech0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suspect you'd be trading one problem for another, IMO.

I wonder if putting something a bit softer under the headband would make them feel better. Someone here has probably tried that already?

Edit: I remember a post here where someone removed the plastic "bump" part from the leather headband.

You may well be right, that's why I won't do it first!
I'll try searching for that post --if you find it please post it here or PM me with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back