AKG owners unite...
Jan 13, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #241 of 368
new K701 owner right now, still breaking them in as the last person only had about 200 hours through....

Using pinknoise atm, in hopes to remove the hum from this kenrad tube i have and also, to give alittle break in.

Jan 14, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #242 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ech0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if putting something a bit softer under the headband would make them feel better. Someone here has probably tried that already?

Edit: I remember a post here where someone removed the plastic "bump" part from the leather headband.

What I did was gently massage the headband using a small amount of mink oil for quite a while (perhaps an hour?). Now, the headband strap is a little softer and more flexible and doesn't give me that pain on the top of the skull. That, and my skull is probably calloused!

--Chris

Jan 14, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #243 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by windowman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You may well be right, that's why I won't do it first!
I'll try searching for that post --if you find it please post it here or PM me with it.

I tried, but, no luck. You might want to try this...

Quote:

Softening the leather up sounds good.

Jan 14, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #244 of 368
Just received a pair of Sextetts and compared to the current open AKG’s the Sextetts are just in another league. I have never heard a headphone get center imaging right.
It is like magic. Most headphones have the center instruments/vocals sounding like mono. Not with these sextets . I am amzed.

Jan 15, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #247 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received a pair of Sextetts and compared to the current open AKG’s the Sextetts are just in another league. I have never heard a headphone get center imaging right.
It is like magic. Most headphones have the center instruments/vocals sounding like mono. Not with these sextets . I am amzed.

They are a pretty amazing headphone. How they stayed under the radar for so long is a mystery, but mine will be a permanent member of my headphone family, and thanks to Fitz they look brand new...well better really because of the Black Clover balanced cables.

Jan 15, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #248 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to own the akg 501 and they are a great buy at $150-.Wonderful mids, detailed highs, tight controlled bass. The bass is obviosly lacking and they can sound a bit thin compared to other phones. But for their price I don't think a lot of other phones can compete.

I got K55 and K501,
K55 is very enjoyable with it price.

K501 is a legendary wide space can, but it seems very hard to drive.
Anyone has any suggestion?
confused.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #249 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

congrats! You'll have to post your impressions here!

Jan 16, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #250 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by udeupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got K55 and K501,
K55 is very enjoyable with it price.

K501 is a legendary wide space can, but it seems very hard to drive.
Anyone has any suggestion?
confused.gif

They're harder to drive than portable cans and IEMs, and even grados, but not any harder to drive than senns, beyers, etc.

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #254 of 368
Well hello there AKG thread.

I have had my AKG K1000 for close to 7 months now if I recall correctly. The only problem is, I haven't really put it to use.

Why? I haven't got an amp.

However, I did buy this AKG K1000 as a broken pair (only one driver working). I sent it to Holland to get it fixed. In total, I spent a bit below USD 1,200.

Ever since then, I have only put about no more than 20 hours on these babies through a Cambridge A1 integrated amplifier.

Now I have 2 amps pending to arrive to me, both with 4 pin XLR jacks.. the CKK III and the Beta22 (both balanced).

Hopefully I'll put them to good use soon.

Jan 29, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #255 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well hello there AKG thread.

I have had my AKG K1000 for close to 7 months now if I recall correctly. The only problem is, I haven't really put it to use.

Why? I haven't got an amp.

However, I did buy this AKG K1000 as a broken pair (only one driver working). I sent it to Holland to get it fixed. In total, I spent a bit below USD 1,200.

Ever since then, I have only put about no more than 20 hours on these babies through a Cambridge A1 integrated amplifier.

Now I have 2 amps pending to arrive to me, both with 4 pin XLR jacks.. the CKK III and the Beta22 (both balanced).

Hopefully I'll put them to good use soon.

show us some pictures~ one of the other way to put it in good use~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back