AKG owners unite...
Apr 29, 2006 at 12:23 PM Post #151 of 368
I like the K701s so much, I bought the company.
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #152 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
I like the K701s so much, I bought the company.
biggrin.gif

lol
icon10.gif

May 8, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #153 of 368
I'm a proud owner of K340 now.
340smile.gif

I guess i got the bass shy one.
It's pretty unimpressive without amp. Can't wait till my Timester (TMS) T-200 arrived. I hope the tube amp give it a good push/synergy.

May 9, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #154 of 368
Just joined the club and got a K501. Very clean and accurate sound from a these unassuming cans. A great value.

Been testing them out on the Benchmark DAC1 and also fed through a DIY project amp and it just sounds terrific, especially on classical and jazz.

May 9, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #155 of 368
I had the k271S for a while, but the sound wasn't exactly superb since I have no amp. I had to sell them to offset my HF-1, but I sure miss them now.

My k501 arrived last week and I am digging them out of my Audiophile (same source/amp as I had with the k271S), so I can't wait 'til the Corda Aria arrives. If I like what I hear, I'll probably buy the k271S back (I sold it to my friends)!

May 9, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #157 of 368
Btw. what sort of sound improvement mods does Larry do? I sent him an e-mail and did a search but there are just too many threads with sparse references to mods.

I understand that they can be woodied, but that is more of a flavouring of the sound than necessarily and improvement, so what other options are there. I know there are recables.

May 9, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #158 of 368
I'm officially on board the AKG love train. K701s and K1000s. Who knows, I may even get a K81DJ for portable use.

May 9, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #161 of 368
I just got in my pair of K81DJs for a budget-minded home theater set and, I gotta say, I love them. I'm far from any degree of audiophile, but the way these headphones can have such meaty bass and yet still render delicate vocals and classical music with such detail is astounding. My wallet fears to think why the higher-end AKG stuff is capable of. I'm not really having any of the comfort issues that have come up with the cans, so bless my small head. The pads can make my ears a little sweaty, but I expect that from any closed can. They're cozy, isolate well, and sound amazing. Granted, I'm only graduating from the Senn PX-100 and Shure E2Cs here, but these are easily the best set of headphones I've ever listened to, and I thank this forum for steering me in their direction.

May 9, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #162 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by tedtropy
I just got in my pair of K81DJs for a budget-minded home theater set and, I gotta say, I love them. I'm far from any degree of audiophile, but the way these headphones can have such meaty bass and yet still render delicate vocals and classical music with such detail is astounding.

Seconded. As for the comfort issues, I bet after a few hours of listening you'll change your mind
very_evil_smiley.gif
Still, I don't have any regrets.

May 9, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #163 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by zsevgymko
Seconded. As for the comfort issues, I bet after a few hours of listening you'll change your mind
very_evil_smiley.gif
Still, I don't have any regrets.

I wore them for two hours pretty much continuously last night watching Prison Break, then 24. I can't say they ever really bothered me. Pads got a tad sweaty and my ears were nice and red after taking them off, but I can't say they were every really uncomfortable. Either way, I'm loving them, and finding excuses to listen to them as much as I can. I've never really owned a set of cans that I looked forward to being able to hear. They put my sad budget Onkyo home theater system to shame, quality-wise.

May 9, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #164 of 368
Welcome to the curse, Ted.
very_evil_smiley.gif
It's amazing how a good set of cans can do that to you. I've got the new Chili Peppers album (reserving opinion, but skeptical) and I'm sitting here at work, just DYING to get home. The only dillemma is whether I listen on my Grados or K701s. Think the 701s are going to win though.

May 9, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #165 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
Welcome to the curse, Ted.
very_evil_smiley.gif
It's amazing how a good set of cans can do that to you. I've got the new Chili Peppers album (reserving opinion, but skeptical) and I'm sitting here at work, just DYING to get home. The only dillemma is whether I listen on my Grados or K701s. Think the 701s are going to win though.

Yep, I'm already contemplating purchasing an Audigy 2 ZS to upgrade the crap integrated audio on my laptop and possibly a new MP3 player. My 512MB MuVo has done alright by me, but there's a noticable buzz in the audio when the LCD backlight is on. Bad thing about nice headphones are all the flaws they amplify. Trouble now is, if these $70 cans sound this good, I'm trying not to think of how a $300 set sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back