AKG K812 Pro
Feb 2, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #3,346 of 4,825
Didn't want to violate the rules so I deleted the website, but you can probably guess by yourself...
I like how we can't mention the site, but it was on the front page twice now.

Feb 2, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #3,347 of 4,825
  Very true, K7XX was AKG's way of milking the last of the investment they put into the K7 series, casting and tooling machines etc. I am sure AKG invested much R&D cost into the K812. By looking at their sales on Massdrop and local store, not nearly as popular as HD800 (even after 6 years) for example or many of the other high fi headphones. I am sure AKG wants to atlest make back their investment, even if it slightly tarnish the K812 image.

World rewords the ones who try, thus gotta try for the K8XX.

AKG should also be easy to convince as they seen the sales of K7XX.

AKG also can lack of better word dumb down the K8XX, giving no Omega stand and overboard packaging. Save some money on the consumer end also doesn't compete with the flagship image of K812.

You're free to try of course. Would not hold my breath though...
Doing that at a price ratio like the K7XX would totally ruin the K812 and do damage to AKG as a brand name. So my guess is no, won't happen anytime soon.
What my of course happen is that they get a good deal, maybe on a reduced package or something like that. Branding a flagship model? No, that would surprise me.

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #3,348 of 4,825

Cool, agreed to everything. Clean power is a good idea but personally think most houses have fairly clean power. Unless it is badly wired or always appliance and electronics going eg from roommates or kids. It is not really worth investing a boat load on clean power supply. DAC is for sure good idea. I hope K812 will work amazing just with a good DAC.

What do you think will be the price of the K8XX?

I don't have enough info to even make an educated guess. But it make sense from consumer side of things if they cheap-ed out on accessories and packaging they sell it for ~$750-$800. Or buying the current K812 on sale for $1100 might be worth wile and don't miss out on the head time, if and when K8XX is released.

You're free to try of course. Would not hold my breath though...
Doing that at a price ratio like the K7XX would totally ruin the K812 and do damage to AKG as a brand name. So my guess is no, won't happen anytime soon.
What my of course happen is that they get a good deal, maybe on a reduced package or something like that. Branding a flagship model? No, that would surprise me.

All true... I wish AKG published their sale stats on the K812 (like some electric consumer companies). Or we can do a pull on head fi to see what the newest production numbers is getting to. Know that way if K812 is a break or bust project/ product for AKG. If K812 is a major bust AKG would be just doing damage control. OR they can actually make a highly revised K812 (K8XX) just specifically for new sorce of income even if K812 is doing alright... But who knows, I am not on their board of directors.

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #3,349 of 4,825

can't copy your posts for some unknown reason but we're not going to agree anyways so that's probably for the best :wink:

Cool, agreed to everything. Clean power is a good idea but personally think most houses have fairly clean power. Unless it is badly wired or always appliance and electronics going eg from roommates or kids. It is not really worth investing a boat load on clean power supply. DAC is for sure good idea. I hope K812 will work amazing just with a good DAC.

sceptical of the idea that "clean power" so called plays any role in improving the performance/sound of audio gear. is there any objectice evidence around to support it?

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #3,350 of 4,825
Lots of distortion comes from bad power and bad power supply of audio gear, thats all I was saying, so, if you are happy with what you have, great.

THX

Quote:
can't copy your posts for some unknown reason but we're not going to agree anyways so that's probably for the best
wink.gif

sceptical of the idea that "clean power" so called plays any role in improving the performance/sound of audio gear. is there any objectice evidence around to support it?

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #3,352 of 4,825

seriously, what's this talk based on? is there any audio engineering or science behind it?

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #3,354 of 4,825
Has anyone tried putting any sort of dampening around the plastic ring on the inside of the K812? Kinda like the HD800 ring resonance mod...

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #3,355 of 4,825
Have the K812 amped with the hybrid Bada PH-12 [upgraded by Fitz].  Even with ElectroHarmonix 6SN7s--not the "best" tubes--the K812 sound better than with the ss Lehmann--although still quite good with the Lehmann.  Definitely better with either the Bada or the Lehmann than with the headphone out from the Linn Intek or the Denon AVR-1905.  Better amp=better performance from the K812 IMHO.

The K812 really seem to find their stride with tubes upstream.  Everything across the board sounds better to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back