AKG K702 Omg! Outburst!
Mar 17, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #16 of 78
Cynical though I may be about 6Moons, I would ask that you scroll down to the photo of the ALO cable neatly plugged into the K702s and tell me that you dont want that headphone ...

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/akg2/702.html

Now imagine a fully balanced rig driving your oh-so-easy-to-recable 702s : you know you want to.

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #17 of 78

Quote:
Cynical though I may be about 6Moons, I would ask that you scroll down to the photo of the ALO cable neatly plugged into the K702s and tell me that you dont want that headphone ...

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/akg2/702.html

Now imagine a fully balanced rig driving your oh-so-easy-to-recable 702s : you know you want to.

Great Scott! I want me those lush cables.
k701smile.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #21 of 78
I just received my AKG K702, imported from US to Australia for AU$298 including shipping from eBay... what a steal! Wow! I was not expecting these to be this good after all the "plasticy" comments and unappreciation threads. Sorry, these are almost perfect and sound more fun to me than the Denon AH-D2000 I received a couple of months ago. I haven't even logged an hour into them yet. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you to those who actually did write positive reviews, you have helped guide me to my new true love.

Sorry for the outburst!

Edit: I'm running them directly through my Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP Audio Interface. I receive the Bravo V2 12AU7 amp soon. It's scary to think they will improve these :)

Cheers!

Yea Your not the only one who love theirs, Tho mine have many hours into them. I pretty much keeping them as long as I can.

Mar 17, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #24 of 78

Quote:

Oh... really? Well, I definitely don't just want a painting.

How about the Cardas Cable?

Cheers

Edit: Scratch that, I just saw the price tag. Any cables under $100 that will improve these?

Here you go, http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/378255/akg-k702-build-your-own-cable. As well you can check out Alex @ APureSound.com, and, zombie-x.com (ZX Amateur cables).

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #25 of 78
Thanks Acix.

My K702's are on the wagon for delivery tomorrow. I had an appointment booked to see a client in the morning but I rang them and brought it forward to this afternoon so I wouldn't miss the delivery haha. After all these years I'm still exited at the prospect of a new toy for my Woo....

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #26 of 78

Quote:
No, cables don't make a difference... and even if they did what do you think connects the speaker on the other side?

Save the money and put it towards a better amp or source, a decent tube amp would improve these if you don't already own one.

Unless I'm crazy, which might be a definite possibility, cables make a huge difference, although not as big of a difference as changing your source or amp/dac. I've tried different cables on my system and subtle differences can always be heard after comparing them back and forth for a while.

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #27 of 78
˄ It wasn't my intention to turn this into a cable debate, I was just trying to save those inquiring a dollar or two.

Call it a hunch, but from what I've heard I can't find a difference in sound by changing the cable. Not to mention a change any less than 10% is inaudible, so all those claiming to hear a difference from recabeling are at the very least saying it changes the sound of the headphone more than 10%... quite alarming considering headphone manufacturers don't bother with it, and when they do in the case of the HD800 people recable them regardless. It's all about looks and having a unique headphone, that alone could improve the sound to the individual... I find myself some evenings staring at my glowing tubes and swear the music improves while I'm doing it! :)

In the case of single entry like the K702; you can spend hundreds on a recable to one side of the headphone and yet leave stock going to the other. How does a $200 cable connected to a stock cable make a difference over stock to stock? Truly if individuals actually believed it made a difference they would create a Y-cable and connect it directly top each driver... this is rarely if ever the case.

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #29 of 78
Enjoy the new headphones. Don't pay attention to any "burn-in" myths. I listened to a friends brand new K701s and then again when he had over 500 hours on them. Absolutely no difference. It's just your ears adjusting to the sound. Properly amping the K701 does make an actual difference though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back