AKG K701 OWNERS!!!!!!!
Nov 12, 2005 at 8:43 AM Post #31 of 104
I ordered mine a few days ago but it will take 2-3 weeks before i get them
frown.gif
Like the poster above said these are still very rare in Germany/Europe too. I also ordered the Corda Aria, that will be great early xmas at the end of November
icon10.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 10:21 AM Post #32 of 104
I have them in order. I decided that it's either 650s or 701s. One has to go after a deep comparison.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #35 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Runningwater
why not keep both?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Well that would be nice but I think my wallet disagrees with me.

If everything goes fine I'll have also SA5000 coming to challenge HF-1.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #37 of 104
Hope this AKG description is right on: The result is a truly dramatic sound that places every musician at their correct location with pinpoint accuracy. This kind of agility, spaciousness, brilliant highs, and velvety, punchy bass is simply miraculous. Always felt the K501 did everything before the "and". If the K701 adds everything after I'm there.

Nov 12, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #38 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
I can't believe anyone would consider the Beyer DT880 'bright'. It is sort of treble-focused in its presentation...

'Treble-focused in it's presentation' is the very definition of a piece of gear sounding bright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
A neutral headphone would probably be heard as 'slightly bright' because the ears have a natural tendency to emphasize the treble regions. IMHO this is most likely the case with the DT880.

Neutral = live music, and I don't hear an emphasis in the treble region when I go to concerts, so a headphone that sounds bright isn't neutral but is in fact bright.

Nov 12, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #42 of 104
Fewtch, the ears actually only have a tendency to emphasize the 2-4k range, because that's where human speech falls. The ears of some may emphasize treble, but I'm willing to bet that those people are few.

Nov 13, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #44 of 104
Tyll, curious if you find the K501 also harsh (so those of us that have heard it can triangulate)?

Nov 13, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #45 of 104
Got mine today! Thanks to Todd for a great price and fast delivery.

These do have potential on initial listen! Lot more (defined) base than the K501s and the signature AKG midrange. Now got to Burn Baby Burn! (Apologies to Bruce Cockburn)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back