AKG K701 or beyerdynamic DT 880/600 or Sennheiser HD 650 or Denon AH-D5000
Feb 10, 2011 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

cranchy

New Head-Fier
hii alll
this is my first thread and hope to help me to choose a good headphone
i listing to music in my job about 10 hour dialy  all type of music so i need comfort headphone and great sound(i am listing to all type of music and love bass and trible) so i read alot of thread here to can choose and i decide to get one of this
AKG K701 - beyerdynamic DT 880/600 -  Sennheiser HD 650 -  Denon AH-D5000 -  Denon AH-D7000
i can pay from 200-700$
i have now shure e530 and razor carcharias creative x-fi extreme musicsound card  and didnt try any of this headphone b4 (the sound of this headphone near to the sound of the shure or great than it?)so do i need headphone amp?and if yes can help me to choose one compatble with the headphone
the last quest the Denon AH-D5000 is closed headphone so is this one make the ear get hor?
thanks alot

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #2 of 21
Hey there, welcome to head-fi!                                                                                                                                                              If you are looking for a headphone with a lot of bass then I would advise you stay away from the K701's, they are notorios for being bass lite. Oh, and sorry about your wallet.
beyersmile.png

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #3 of 21

Quote:
Hey there, welcome to head-fi!                                                                                                                                                              If you are looking for a headphone with a lot of bass then I would advise you stay away from the K701's, they are notorios for being bass lite. Oh, and sorry about your wallet.
beyersmile.png

thanks for help i see u use it from ur pic>>i read that denon  [size=small] LA7000[/size] good in bass and compare with hd 800 so if i buy it i must get amp? and is there a big dif between it and [size=small] LA5000? and what about Denon AHD2000[/size]
[size=small]i use my pc to play music , most of my file is mp3 but can convert it to wave [/size]
[size=small]thanks[/size]

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #4 of 21

Quote:

i listing to music in my job about 10 hour dialy  all type of music so i need comfort headphone and great sound(i am listing to all type of music and love bass and trible) so i read alot of thread here to can choose and i decide to get one of this
AKG K701 - beyerdynamic DT 880/600 -  Sennheiser HD 650 -  Denon AH-D5000 -  Denon AH-D7000

If you are looking for comfort with long daily listening routine, you definitely need to let your ears breathe. Get a open headphone.

Let me pimp this thread again for a nice summation of the three cans: http://www.headfonia.com/old-school-trio-akg-k701-beyer-dt880-sennheiser-hd650/
Oh. Take it with a large pinch of salt though, cos it's Senn-biased!

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #5 of 21
As much as I love the K702, the exacting top end can be very fatiguing over long periods. The Senns have a warm signature and are very easy to listen to...the only downside is they feel a bit clampy, but perhaps that can be remedied by stretching out the band.

The HD600 or HD650 would probably get my recommendation regardless.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #6 of 21

Quote:

If you are looking for comfort with long daily listening routine, you definitely need to let your ears breathe. Get a open headphone.

Let me pimp this thread again for a nice summation of the three cans: http://www.headfonia.com/old-school-trio-akg-k701-beyer-dt880-sennheiser-hd650/
Oh. Take it with a large pinch of salt though, cos it's Senn-biased!

thanks alot it was very helpfull

Quote:
As much as I love the K702, the exacting top end can be very fatiguing over long periods. The Senns have a warm signature and are very easy to listen to...the only downside is they feel a bit clampy, but perhaps that can be remedied by stretching out the band.

The HD600 or HD650 would probably get my recommendation regardless.

thanks alot for ur help
now after read the report i can choose from the hd 650 ir dt880 (open headphone for long time listing)
dt880/600 have great treble and clear but after time for listing u get headache so i think that one not good for use for long time
hd 650  good in bass and midrange and soundstage but not sutable for pop and hiphop (recomanded hd600)
so now i can choose hd650 but if anybody have another model can help me please
and if hd 650 is good can help[ me to choose amp suitable for hd650 in rang 150-200$
thanks

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #7 of 21
I´d also go for the Sennheiser HD 600 (more balanced) or HD 650 (warmer and more relaxing). Closed headphones can feel claustrophobic, and the K700-series is highly dividing (most hate them, some absolutely love). The DT 880 I just sold. Found them to be awesome for movies and gaming, but for music they are too treble heavy to be enjoyed for hours and hours. Sennheiser is definately the safest choice.

Do you have a DAC? If not, I would go for a cheap AMP/DAC combo. In particular the Icon HDP has great synergy with the Sennheisers. Another interesting choice would be the NFB-11 or 12 from Audio-gd, but there aren´t many user reports of them so far.

If you just need a standalone amp, check out Schiit Audio. They have exactly what you are looking for and match great with both Sennheisers.

Feb 11, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #8 of 21

Quote:
I´d also go for the Sennheiser HD 600 (more balanced) or HD 650 (warmer and more relaxing). Closed headphones can feel claustrophobic, and the K700-series is highly dividing (most hate them, some absolutely love). The DT 880 I just sold. Found them to be awesome for movies and gaming, but for music they are too treble heavy to be enjoyed for hours and hours. Sennheiser is definately the safest choice.

Do you have a DAC? If not, I would go for a cheap AMP/DAC combo. In particular the Icon HDP has great synergy with the Sennheisers. Another interesting choice would be the NFB-11 or 12 from Audio-gd, but there aren´t many user reports of them so far.

If you just need a standalone amp, check out Schiit Audio. They have exactly what you are looking for and match great with both Sennheisers.

thanks alot for ur help
after search i can understand now dac is high end soundcard convert digital stream from computer to analog. that analog signal is fed into the headphone amp. The headphone amp will drive headphoned with a high resistance such as hd 650
so now i have creative x-fi sound card so for better sound get dac/amp or just get amp and use my sound card
i see NuForce Icon HDP in amazone but found sevral model did u mean that one?
http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-High-end-Headphone-Preamp-Silver/dp/B00370U0OG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1297410394&sr=1-2
and i also found diffrent type of Schiit Audio amp which one will be good with hd650
thanks alot

Feb 12, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #11 of 21
No difference in sound, they have the same drivers. The K702 have detachable cables and a different coating (black). If you don´t need detachable cables and don´t mind the white color that might (no idea) wear out faster, go for the cheaper one.

DT 990 sounds very different than the K701. Browse the forums for reviews, there are plenty here. The AKG has a larger soundstage, but less bass. But overall they sound very different. I don´t think it´s possible to say which is better, depends on your own preference.

Feb 12, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #12 of 21

Quote:
Which is better sounding, the AKG K702 or the AKG K701?

K702 is the same sound as K701 (702 has a detachable cable, 701 has a stand included)

DT990 have way more bass then 702 and is something else, they're in the same league, I like the DT990 more for most music.

To OP: HD600 is your choice I'd say. The FiiO E7/E9 combo is also a nice way to drive them in that budget.

Feb 12, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #13 of 21
^ double explanation, sorry vrln, didn't see your reply yet when I posted above

Users who are viewing this thread

Back