AKG K501 love...
Jul 11, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #961 of 1,177
Quote:

Bought it straight from Stanley Beresford's website. 

Is it http://www.homehifi.co.uk
confused_face(1).gif

Jul 22, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #965 of 1,177
Hello my friends !

I had the chance to find a Sennheiser hd800 at a very good price.  So my K501 with its K702 pads is ready for sale. I spent really good time with my K501 but unfortunately, I can't decently keep all headphones I bought . 

If anynone is interested before I create an official sale in the dedicated forum . you can PM me :) 

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #966 of 1,177
Well I finally replaced my Little Dot II+ which has been dying for about 5 years now with a Little Dot Mk III. I have to say this is a sensational value-for-money amp, with my K501 the sense of space and detail is improved, and the bass is more powerful and impactful. It paints a more cohesive and tangible 'image' of the sound, with each voice or instrument having its place in the mix. I don't see any loss of midrange purity or musicality, in fact I think every aspect of the sound is slightly better. These headphones do need a lot of power, I had to set the gain to 10, which gives plenty of volume at about 11 o'clock.

My LDII+ has served me well for years, but I'm very happy with the replacement and the additional life it's breathed into my K501! Am loving listening to Pink Floyd's album 'The Final Cut'.

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #967 of 1,177
I'm going to bump this one :wink:

Bought my K501 new in 2001 and have listened to pretty much all of the past and current high-end offerings and still kept going back to the 501s. My "big" stereo has electrostats, so I never had an big issue with the bass roll-off.

Oct 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #969 of 1,177
  I'm going to bump this one :wink:

Bought my K501 new in 2001 and have listened to pretty much all of the past and current high-end offerings and still kept going back to the 501s. My "big" stereo has electrostats, so I never had an big issue with the bass roll-off.

Same for me, I bought mine blind after reading a review in the now defect "Listener". There is nothing wrong with my Stax setup. The bass has never been an issue for me. I have yet to go to a live concert that has the bass found in many audiophile setups.

Jun 10, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #975 of 1,177
Anyone want to part with a 501? I'm interested in revisiting one of my first real headphones that I purchased after almost 9 years of doing this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back