AKG K361/K371
Jun 17, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #901 of 1,294
Well....my pair just crapped out on me as the left ear cup doesn't output any audio. I wanted to say that as much as I loved the headphones it's extremely disappointing regarding durability and hope mine was just some defective pair. Going to speak with AKG later today and hopefully the warranty will be in effect...

Jun 17, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #905 of 1,294
only EQ

Jun 19, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #907 of 1,294
Sent mine back for Warranty repair, if it needs replacement (Which likely will) I'll have to wait until Early August....

Back to my Sony's for the time being, but they made me appreciate the AKG's more. My Sony has underwhelming soundstage and "colder" sound to it in comparison, though fit is more stable. I'll have to be stuck with this for a month, oh well

Jun 19, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #908 of 1,294
Sent mine back for Warranty repair, if it needs replacement (Which likely will) I'll have to wait until Early August....

Back to my Sony's for the time being, but they made me appreciate the AKG's more. My Sony has underwhelming soundstage and "colder" sound to it in comparison, though fit is more stable. I'll have to be stuck with this for a month, oh well
Currious to know which Sony model you refer to?

Jun 19, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #909 of 1,294
I kinda feel you on this, I have smaller pointy ears and find the fit to be little not "secure" if you know what I mean, plus the gap where the bass could space. With that being said I enjoy the fit of k371 more than k361, the added weight slightly helps imo

ya i think the 371 might be better. although i havnt tried them. because with the 361 i have to eq the treble down (around 8khz) and bass up to make them sound normal

Jun 20, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #911 of 1,294
ya i think the 371 might be better. although i havnt tried them. because with the 361 i have to eq the treble down (around 8khz) and bass up to make them sound normal
I find the sound signature of K361's to be little odd, like it has the clinical sound yet the treble feels little subdued and bass isn't as prevalent, like super dull and thin sound. Came back to them today after many months and didn't like the sound, even prefer my Sony's over them. Tbh it made me realize how much better the k371's sounded, like alleviating the shoutiness and elevating the sub bass slightly REALLY helped it out

Jun 23, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #914 of 1,294
Repair for my headphones started...man this makes me so happy as I don't have to wait until August for them lmao

lets goooo

AKG simply exchanged mines for brand new ones. I received the newer packaging version and I'm quite satisfied with the pads : so far they're the most tightly toleranced pair I've received from AKG.

Jun 23, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #915 of 1,294
AKG simply exchanged mines for brand new ones. I received the newer packaging version and I'm quite satisfied with the pads : so far they're the most tightly toleranced pair I've received from AKG.
That's nice man, mine wasn't that bad it's just the right driver went out and the same pad is straight instead of being angled. Can't wait to get them back after repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back