AKG K361/K371
Feb 25, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #1,291 of 1,294
Just dropped my 371’s and damaged the left driver. They are out of warranty. I’ve contacted AKG to see if they sell a replacement driver that I could install myself. I’m good at soldering if that is needed. Has anyone else repaired the 371 with this kind of problem? Just curious. Thanks

Update: I opened them up to look at the driver. All wiring seems to be good, nothing loose or disconnected. I did try a different connecting cord just to be sure, that was ok too. So, I’m now assuming it’s the driver. Getting static on the left channel.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #1,292 of 1,294
Just dropped my 371’s and damaged the left driver. They are out of warranty. I’ve contacted AKG to see if they sell a replacement driver that I could install myself. I’m good at soldering if that is needed. Has anyone else repaired the 371 with this kind of problem? Just curious. Thanks

Update: I opened them up to look at the driver. All wiring seems to be good, nothing loose or disconnected. I did try a different connecting cord just to be sure, that was ok too. So, I’m now assuming it’s the driver. Getting static on the left channel.

Don't think too many brave souls around here would do it unless something is wrong, there is a YT tear down video of someone taking it apart here.

Might just need to replace the entire driver as you say, might be also worth checking amazon and ebay in case you can get used stock on the cheap since might be easier option or any faulty/sold as faulty goods on ebay and check if the right driver is working.

Feb 25, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #1,293 of 1,294
Don't think too many brave souls around here would do it unless something is wrong, there is a YT tear down video of someone taking it apart here.

Might just need to replace the entire driver as you say, might be also worth checking amazon and ebay in case you can get used stock on the cheap since might be easier option or any faulty/sold as faulty goods on ebay and check if the right driver is working.
Thanks. Just checked Amazon. They do have a replacement driver for 24.50, I’ll probably give it a shot. Thanks again.

May 1, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #1,294 of 1,294
Hello. I've got some questions about the AKG K361 because it could be a very good second / mobile over the ear headphone. Maybe anyone can help:

- Is it correct that there is no other headphones with this sound quality which is foldable, as easy to drive. closed and light weight? Are there alternatives?

- If clarity is important the AKG K361 is better than the AKG K371? Like the difference between HD600 and HD650?

- Passive noise isolation is o.k. or bad? So if a TV is on 5-6 metres away it could be a problem?

- Could the sound annoy people whiche are close to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back