AKG K361/K371
Dec 17, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #106 of 1,294
Just started listening, but these are the real deal. Coming from Focal Elex as my regular full size headphone and honestly I could live with the K371 to as my only headphone if I had to.
I think it is because they are essentially honest and do very little wrong. Many expensive flagships cannot lay claim to these qualities.

Dec 18, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #108 of 1,294

thanks, nice review seems to be in line with what many other K371 owners have said in terms of detailed sound quality but seems the rtings reviewer could not make his headphones sit correctly on his head and they kept sliding off.

But it does not appear head fiers had that kind of problem !

Dec 18, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #109 of 1,294
thanks, nice review seems to be in line with what many other K371 owners have said in terms of detailed sound quality but seems the rtings reviewer could not make his headphones sit correctly on his head and they kept sliding off.

But it does not appear head fiers had that kind of problem !

I think I understand the problem, but it could have been user error. When I was first using mine I was wearing them too low and they felt a tad loose when I would move. Now that I've adjusted the sliders so that the cups sit higher on my head/ears they feel Rock solid.

Dec 18, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #110 of 1,294
I think I understand the problem, but it could have been user error. When I was first using mine I was wearing them too low and they felt a tad loose when I would move. Now that I've adjusted the sliders so that the cups sit higher on my head/ears they feel Rock solid.

thanks and good to know for future adjustments, back on my radar and future shopping cart !

Dec 18, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #111 of 1,294
Its headphones like these that remind me why I love this hobby, pure enjoyment and re-discovering my library.

Also, are these the most Harman Target response-tuned headphones out there? I mean, just look at the Rting measurements

Dec 19, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #112 of 1,294
Its headphones like these that remind me why I love this hobby, pure enjoyment and re-discovering my library.

Also, are these the most Harman Target response-tuned headphones out there? I mean, just look at the Rting measurements

They follow the Harman target closer than anything I've seen yet. Oratory 1990 on Reddit has great charts that plot a ton of headphones against the HT and this is very close. His EQ adjustments to make them more spot on are pretty minimal. The only EQ I do to them is add 1.5dB at 8k, and 2.5dB at 16k for some added air and sparkle.

Dec 19, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #114 of 1,294
are these the most Harman Target response-tuned headphones out there?
That's because they were intentionally designed to target the Harman response. AKG is owned by Harman which is owned by Samsung, hence the Galaxy Buds and K371 targeting Harman for IE and OE responses, respectively. It says it right in the K371 datasheet, and Dr. Olive has already confirmed it on Twitter multiple times as well.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #118 of 1,294
That's because they were intentionally designed to target the Harman response. AKG is owned by Harman which is owned by Samsung, hence the Galaxy Buds and K371 targeting Harman for IE and OE responses, respectively. It says it right in the K371 datasheet, and Dr. Olive has already confirmed it on Twitter multiple times as well.

K371 and Galaxy Buds are my two favorites right now. Samsung did a good job on both, or AKG or whoever.

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #120 of 1,294
I listened to my HD650 last night for the first time since getting my K371. The whole time I had them on I was thinking about the K371 and eventually put them on instead. I was using the HD650 EQ'ed to the Harman target with Oratory1990 from reddit's suggested EQ values. May seem crazy but I guess I prefer the K371 over the HD650 now, even with EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back