AKG K3003 Universal IEM Review: Challenger to the Custom IEM World?
Apr 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #19 of 79
Interesting review, Joe. However I am not sure that you can really reach comparative conclusions with other IEMs using the wrong tips. That might explain the discrepancies between yours and other's impressions.

From my perspective what was especially useful in your review is that, since I have huge ears too, these IEMs may not work for me either. 

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #20 of 79

Quote:
Interesting review, Joe. However I am not sure that you can really reach comparative conclusions with other IEMs using the wrong tips. That might explain the discrepancies between yours and other's impressions.

From my perspective what was especially useful in your review is that, since I have huge ears too, these IEMs may not work for me either. 

In an ideal world, all universal IEMs would fit my ears perfectly with the included stock tips, but that wasn't the case here.  I know others that have tried the K3003 and have the same issue, and if I forced the issue and used the stock tips my review might look something like this: 
The K3003 lacks bass depth and impact and even with the Bass Boost port there is a lack of depth and reverb, with the other two ports being unusable due to the overly bright sound.  

Reading through many other head-fi reviews from low end to high end universal IEMs you will find reviews with different ear tips.  Even jokers reviews list his preferred tips.  I think it is better to know how something will work for people that share my ear size vs. just saying reaching a comparative conclusion can't be reached due to the tips.  There are many people that may enjoy the K3003 with tips that work for them.

Apr 15, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #23 of 79
Very nice review, Thanks Joe!

I do share the same comments with you for bad recording. But for some quality recording, K3003 performs very well, better than popular custom-IEMs.

Cheers!

May 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #24 of 79
average_joe for president!
biggrin.gif
thanks much for another wonderful and great review with comparo.
if not for the price and the paranoia about the cables, i could have really considered getting one
rolleyes.gif

May 11, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #25 of 79
Quote:
Very nice review, Thanks Joe!

I do share the same comments with you for bad recording. But for some quality recording, K3003 performs very well, better than popular custom-IEMs.

Cheers!

Quote:
average_joe for president!
biggrin.gif
thanks much for another wonderful and great review with comparo.
if not for the price and the paranoia about the cables, i could have really considered getting one
rolleyes.gif

Thank you!

May 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #26 of 79
So would these be good for me considering I'm looking for high end portable IEMs? I read that the isolation is bad with these which is the only thing putting me off. I'm not too interested in going through all the trouble which is why the universals appeal to me.

May 21, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #30 of 79
Which universal would you recommend?
The ie800 is a new upcoming sennheiser iem but it's going to be open back.
http://www.slashgear.com/sennheiser-ie-800-earphones-hands-on-13222800/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back