AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Apr 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #572 of 4,058

Quote:

It signifies the presence of an inline remote versus the non-i version which has no remote.

There are various reasons for preferring the version without a remote. While I personally don't put much stock in some peoples' concern over it degrading the purity of the signal pathway, I do feel it's just one more thing to potentially go wrong when it's something I wouldn't even use.

Whether or not it makes that much of a difference, for $1300, I'd rather get the version I want.

Anaxilus is about to pass the tour K3003i's off to the next tester, so your slot with the K3003i's is coming up. You may save yourself $1300 if you can hold off for another month or so.....

I wasn't aware she was close to next to in the line-up?
Anyways, we need to get a thread up.

May 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #573 of 4,058
Well it's not a DD/double BA hybrid, but I should have the Audiofly DD/BA hybrid universal early next week. I have a sample of their 11mm AF45 dynamic (which will retail for about $60), and the sound is just amazing for the price (although the cable makes too much noise). I also have their   entry level AF33, but haven't been able to wrap my head around its sound yet. 

But I digress, it will be interesting to see how $200 DD/BA hybrid will compete. Thus far Audiofly seems to be overreaching with the sound given for price, but of course I can't say that will match the K3003 until I hear one. I won't buy one, but I think I have an avenue to take in hearing one here in the Chi. I predict that 2012 will be the year of DD/BA hybrid (for better or for worse).

May 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #574 of 4,058
Well it's not a DD/double BA hybrid, but I should have the Audiofly DD/BA hybrid universal early next week. I have a sample of their 11mm AF45 dynamic (which will retail for about $60), and the sound is just amazing for the price (although the cable makes too much noise). I also have their   entry level AF33, but haven't been able to wrap my head around its sound yet. 

But I digress, it will be interesting to see how $200 DD/BA hybrid will compete. Thus far Audiofly seems to be overreaching with the sound given for price, but of course I can't say that will match the K3003 until I hear one. I won't buy one, but I think I have an avenue to take in hearing one here in the Chi. I predict that 2012 will be the year of DD/BA hybrid (for better or for worse).

hmmm. I want one too :D ($200 uni dd/ba hybrid). even more so seeing their from auz.

May 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #575 of 4,058
Funny thing, my ck10 get more head-time.

May 10, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #576 of 4,058
By the way sil3nce, I got the K3003 for myself since I got a really good deal on the non-remote version. I've emailed bizkit already about it; not sure who you'll be sending it to now, but I'm guessing Lee?

A comparison between these and the FitEar and FADs is in the works...

May 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #577 of 4,058
Quote:
By the way sil3nce, I got the K3003 for myself since I got a really good deal on the non-remote version. I've emailed bizkit already about it; not sure who you'll be sending it to now, but I'm guessing Lee?

A comparison between these and the FitEar and FADs is in the works...

O really? How good was the deal?
Pm me on your thoughts and impressions please. I'm curious on how they match up to mine.

May 14, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #581 of 4,058
I think it would be interesting to compare the K3003 to the other high end earphones : are they better than the Westone UM3x, Westone 4 or SM3 ?

Is the sound quality actually superior ?

May 14, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #582 of 4,058
Quote:
I'm no longer part of the tour, but my own set has just arrived, so I'll post some early impressions tomorrow morning most likely. Hopefully by the weekend I can start working on some TO GO 334 / K3003 / FI-BA-SS comparisons.

This is the day I have been waiting for, congrats and hope you enjoy them and be to your liking , happy listing.

May 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #583 of 4,058
Quote:
Any impressions from the tour? I figure this thread is as good as any.

I need to collate and polish my notes but just too busy.  Sil3nce is listening atm I believe.

May 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #584 of 4,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
I'm no longer part of the tour, but my own set has just arrived, so I'll post some early impressions tomorrow morning most likely. Hopefully by the weekend I can start working on some TO GO 334 / K3003 / FI-BA-SS comparisons.

This is the day I have been waiting for, congrats and hope you enjoy them and be to your liking , happy listing.

Is MF already thinking of selling her K3003s? Hmmm... well, I'm not surprised at all after some of the 'great' things that have been written about the AKGs recently. One of my favourite words recently --and specially today-- is "coherency".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back