AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Jan 21, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #317 of 4,058

Quote:
You shouldn't.  He doesn't have them either which I think is pretty much BS as far as I can tell.  I'm actually concerned tbh.

confused_face_2.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #319 of 4,058

Quote:
Do you have James's SS?  I heard they might have been hijacked in the Northern barrens of Canada.

Looking @ Anaxilus 
basshead.gif

"What you talking about Willis?" Don't needlessly panic people. What's wrong with you man?? ....ijs....

Speaking of never seeing the light of day....Well, I better inbox you on the other thoughts that are in my mind....

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #323 of 4,058

Quote:
Do you have James's SS?  I heard they might have been hijacked in the Northern barrens of Canada.

Nope! He mentioned sending it to North America and asked if I was interested in getting it after another head-fier. I said I was, but we haven't been in contact about it since. I never gave my address out to anyone about it.

So no, I'm sorry to say I didn't even know it was missing! That really sucks!

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #324 of 4,058
Check your inbox Anaxilus...

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #325 of 4,058
Last not least, isolation is one of the undeniable advantages of custom IEMs and sure enough the UERM best both universals in that regard. The K3003 have decent isolation, but probably not enough for commuting a noisy subway. I actually think it's rather low for a closed IEM and I think there might be a hidden vent somewhere. The FI-BA-SS are definitely vented, but (if worn with a deep seal) isolate almost as good as the K3003.

One thing, though - in my case, I find the K3003's isolation quite decent, not Westone/Shure-like but not all that far, either, and better than on the EX1000s. I've also wondered about a vent on the AKGs, but so far, I haven't been able to find any.

They're definitely vented, I'm sure of it. In fact, is this not it? 

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #327 of 4,058

Quote:
They're definitely vented, I'm sure of it. In fact, is this not it? 

Nice find - that is indeed a vent. Well done!

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #328 of 4,058
I've personally found that the HiFiMan biblanges (small preferred), SuperFi clear silicone tips (medium preferred), and TripleFi silicone tips (also medium preferred) are each competent alternatives to the stock tips. The HiFiMan tips can be purchased through here (though only the large are shown, so I'd contact them first), the TripleFi tips through here, while the SuperFi tips aren't available individually, unless of course acquired through the for sale section. I should also mention, the TF10 and SuperFi tips are NOT one and the same. I have both in front of me as we speak, and they're easily distinguishable. I myself am currently using the HiFiMan tips, which are my preferred choice thus far (even over the stock tips in my case), as they allow for a deeper fit, offering a slightly more intimate presentation. Hence, where the stock tips fail, I'd recommend the small HiFiMan biflanges first and foremost.

Due to lack of focus, it may be hard to tell, but in the second image, I intended to show that the tips bore size is relatively the same size as the K3003's own bore. 
smile.gif

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #329 of 4,058
Nope! He mentioned sending it to North America and asked if I was interested in getting it after another head-fier. I said I was, but we haven't been in contact about it since. I never gave my address out to anyone about it.

So no, I'm sorry to say I didn't even know it was missing! That really sucks!

Just for the record and to avoid confusion, my loaner FI-BA-SS are actually a backup pair that I bought from takojaky7 in mid 2011. I told him to send them straight to Anaxilus and they've been on a loan tour ever since.

These are the ones that are currently with Daanish in Canada and Confispect and MuppetFace would be next on my list. Since I want people to take all the time they need to try these phones, I usually don't attach a time limit to my loans, so it's hard to predict how long it will take until a member passes them on to the next. Suffice to say that I have no reason to be concerned atm.

My original pair, that I bought about a year ago, are the ones that I did the K3003 comparison with. You may wonder what made me buy that backup pair? Well it was actually my getting involved with customs and auditioning of the UE11, JH13 and UERM that made me finally realize that the FI-BA-SS meant more to me than any of them and that I would miss them the most.

Hope this helps in clearing things up...

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #330 of 4,058
Thanks for the clear up james444. It seems that thoughts were going in a dangerous direction for a moment on this thread. Now you guys can get back to how wonderful the K3003 is (and I can continue my drooling knowing that I will never drop $1K on a universal).... Happy listening...
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Just for the record and to avoid confusion, my loaner FI-BA-SS are actually a backup pair that I bought from takojaky7 in mid 2011. I told him to send them straight to Anaxilus and they've been on a loan tour ever since.
These are the ones that are currently with Daanish in Canada and Confispect and MuppetFace would be next on my list. Since I want people to take all the time they need to try these phones, I usually don't attach a time limit to my loans, so it's hard to predict how long it will take until a member passes them on to the next. Suffice to say that I have no reason to be concerned atm.
My original pair, that I bought about a year ago, are the ones that I did the K3003 comparison with. You may wonder what made me buy that backup pair? Well it was actually my getting involved with customs and auditioning of the UE11, JH13 and UERM that made me finally realize that the FI-BA-SS meant more to me than any of them and that I would miss them the most.
Hope this helps in clearing things up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back