AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Mar 12, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #3,811 of 4,058
So I think I would like to give these iems a try, but am at a loss as to where/how to obtain a genuine item. Seems prices are all over the map and a higher priced iem from a given seller doesn't guarantee it'll be the real thing.

Anyone know how to obtain a genuine product?

Thanks.

After my counterfeit disaster from eBay, I bought them from Amazon, new, for like $668 and they are the real thing. I was satisfied with that price and I got them overnight. Happy camper here, lesson learned. 

-Collin-

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #3,813 of 4,058
Thanks, guys for the info.

Here's another question: Is there a definitive way to tell a genuine product from a fake? Can you look up the serial numbers on line or something?

Check my post a page or two back for detailed photos. As for the serial number, AKG was completely useless in helping me determine a genuine product. 

-Collin-

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #3,818 of 4,058
Can someone tell me how to see which filter is used. I only have the filters on earpieces. I don't know where the other ones are
Just unscrew the filter and see what colour the little washer is on the filter itself. White is treble one. Black is the bass one and I think the brownish one is the neutral one. I think it's brown anyways. lol it's been awhile since I've had the 3003 in my possession. Could be wrong though lol. But ya look at that little washer.

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #3,820 of 4,058
Hello, I am interested in buying the filters for AKG K3003. If anyone interested in selling, please let me know. Thank you1

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #3,824 of 4,058
Two possible causes -
1 the filter is clogged, solution wash in warm water and a drop of washing up liquid (this can occasionally happen).
2 There is a break in the cable somewhere, if this is the case than your best option is a warranty return. This happened to my K3003i and I got the K3003 (no mic) at my preference in the warranty replacement. If you're out of warranty then... If this is the case and the break is near the plug you may be able to get it re-terminated. If not then to the best of my knowledge only one person has rewired a K3003 to the monitor end and it was apparently a bitch of a job. 

regards,

Giles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back