AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Apr 21, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #2,791 of 4,058
Soooo... The question remains the same - where is the serial number on my picture? :) I need someone who have such paper and metal plate to compare the numbers.

The serial number shown on the stainless plaque inside my box does not match any of the numbers printed on the UPC code on the outside sleeve that covers the box. So it appears that without that ID plaque, there is no way to determine the serial number.

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #2,793 of 4,058
Κ3003 + arrow 4G + DX90 + FW 2.2.0. = sonic beauty.

i really wanna try out JHA angie , but really i can live with this sonic setup happily ever after (or until i win a lottery ticket)

akg , you have a winner here (but the hype always goes elsewhere lol)

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #2,794 of 4,058
The serial number shown on the stainless plaque inside my box does not match any of the numbers printed on the UPC code on the outside sleeve that covers the box. So it appears that without that ID plaque, there is no way to determine the serial number.

blink.gif
ok, thanks!

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #2,797 of 4,058
Something odd there since the serial number is written on the K3003 body. Just take the tips off and look. Serial number is actually there. That and of course the steel plate inside the box.

Anyway the serial is 3219

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #2,798 of 4,058

Edit: I hadn't noticed that the serial number is also under the tips on the earphone body!

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #2,799 of 4,058
Something odd there since the serial number is written on the K3003 body. Just take the tips off and look. Serial number is actually there. That and of course the steel plate inside the box.

indeed , i had not noticed it - i can see it in the right eartip , nice touch of premium build

great observation , btw mine is 11627 

hey M-13 , don't you miss your K3 ?
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #2,805 of 4,058
It really depends which full sized HP we're talking about. Anyway, being BA based (on the upper registers), the 3003 tend to have less depth and width compared to TOTL full sized stuff like the HD800 or T1. But their hi-end detail is really something, if you are after surreal sounding phones. Not natural at all but can be fascinating. When I compared them with the HD650 I found the AKGs better in almost every aspect, but OTOH I find the Beyer T1 more natural sounding and has a bigger and deeper stereo image.

Anyway, they are an amazing achievement considering their size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back