AKG K3003 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion
Sep 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #181 of 213
Quote:

I just use REW for easier accessibility. Here is the exact same data, slightly different analysis parameter for higher resolution. Two data correspond quite well with one another. 
BTW this is what happens when you over-pressurize a transducer driven with constant-pressure. Most of the time, BA types with same SPL have far less decay.

Very interesting! Do you have other decay measurements for comparison? ER-4 and maybe another dynamic or BA type IEM.

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #182 of 213
Quote:

I just use REW for easier accessibility. Here is the exact same data, slightly different analysis parameter for higher resolution. Two data correspond quite well with one another. 
BTW this is what happens when you over-pressurize a transducer driven with constant-pressure. Most of the time, BA types with same SPL have far less decay.

Thanks, I'll link to that in my review.

Of course, I'm interested in any conversation between you and purrin about plotting and reading CSD graphs.

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #185 of 213
Quote:
Interesting... Generally having a vent won't tame bass but add more of it...

Most IEMs (especially DD) have a port hidden somewhere.  Fully sealed DD's have tons of bass like the Monsters.  Down side is the suction which was strong enough to even deform/damage the Monster transducers. 

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #186 of 213
Quote:

Very interesting! Do you have other decay measurements for comparison? ER-4 and maybe another dynamic or BA type IEM.

He has DBA/B2 measures I believe.

Lol - I guess cats and birds make a terrible pairing.  
tongue.gif

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #187 of 213
Sep 22, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #189 of 213
Here's an interesting titbit:

The people most active in this thread seem to be non-K3003 owners—mostly people who have either auditioned the AKGs in a shop (like Jaben) or people who have had a loaner set to keep for several weeks—except for that wonderful grumpy, opinionated & utterly charming dude, music_4321, and now and again another K3003 owner, james444.

I know of 6 other K3003 owners who either never post on this thread or hardly ever do. Perhaps they're too embarrassed to admit the K3003s are utter rubbish or pretty mediocre? Or perhaps they're wise enough to stay away from this thread. What is a fact is that I've never witnessed such 'statistics' on HF.

I am myself very, very, very tempted to stop posting on this thread.

Sep 22, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #191 of 213
Quote:
tomscy2000 — I'll tell you one thing, though, the €30 EarPods do have (small) strain reliefs at each end of the in-line remote whereas the K3003s don't (!); that's why I've suggested a number of times to those who (still) believe the K3003s may offer excellent SQ, they should try and get the non-remote/mic version, which, very oddly —I'd actually say stupidly—enough, seems to only be sold in Asia. I was told by AKG Austria they can source the non-remote/mic model (at least in Europe) if you ask your local AKG distributor for it.

So you are saying the AKGs without the stupid ipod remote don't have the strain relief issues? Plus they are harder to get.....
rolleyes.gif
Well if I ever opt for a pair I'm gonna go that route for sure.

Sep 22, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #192 of 213
Here are 5 graphs.  They are of the K3003, DBA-02, EX1000, Grado G10 and an Etymotic ER6.  I've never heard anyone accuse the other IEMs of being slow or incoherent.

Sep 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #193 of 213
I came to my own conclusion not from a graph but going from what I hear. Its not a major issue but it is an issue for me regardless. If you don't notice it then more power to you. Still won't benefit your wallet no matter how you put it.
wink_face.gif

Sep 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #194 of 213
Here are 5 graphs.  They are of the K3003, DBA-02, EX1000, Grado G10 and an Etymotic ER6.  I've never heard anyone accuse the other IEMs of being slow or incoherent.

There's a noticable difference in the K3003 CSD graph compared to the others. It's low regions have a lot more decay going on, not just speaking the expected height. It's not that big of an issue though. B2 has the tightest bass response but lacks extension.

Sep 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #195 of 213
Quote:
There's a noticable difference in the K3003 CSD graph compared to the others. It's low regions have a lot more decay going on, not just speaking the expected height. It's not that big of an issue though.

Agreed and I'd expect a lot of decay in bass, at and around a boosted peak in general; I just thought I'd have a little fun with pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back