AKG K272 HD Little Review
May 5, 2009 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

evilnight

New Head-Fier
Hi everyones im about to give a review about my new AKG K272 HD.

Before begin the review
[My current setup./B]

Amp: J.E. Sugden A21 Pure class A Series 1
My source come from my External Soundcard Saffire Focusrite LE tuned @ 24/96 all the time. i never use internal soundcard for some reasons of noizy cheap quality.

My headphones are in the burning process now. i have more than 100 hours of use. under 350 isnt much but now i can write my review anyway.

My last headphones ive tryed beforeSony Mdr-v500 dj / V700 = òk cheap stuff yes..
Roland Rh-300
Pioneer HDJ-1000
Senn's cheap ones i can't remember the right model. except its was a lowcost senn's

Music mostly listened: House, trance, some old's dance.

The quality of this pair its really good, the earpads in velvet give you a nice feeling, the sound the first times ive plug into my amp its was straight normal but a bit better than my last headphones sony's after more than 100 hours my headphones begin to sound really better seriously. i love my akg. BUT i got a problem with my 1/8 1/4 plug factory defected a bit. its was sometimes sound one side and the left one was completely soundless.. and ive moved the wire close to the plug to fix it and the left side was perfect, ive talk with the music store were ive buyed thses baby's and we have tested it into some synth and audio sources and it never do the problem except we have heard some "gritchy noize" like if the plug was defected. now i have made a hard-choice return it to bring me a new pair of akg and wait more than 3 weeks for got it back. probably with the same problem. or just cut the plug and remplace this one with a better one. ive take the second choice. cut and remplace the plug for a Neutrik one..... now its sound right and no more problem fade to right without left side working. im really happy except im decepted by a good product come with a cheap plug. that's not fair.. im probably alone with this problem but anyway. that's a little review...

Positive :
Sound really nice
Velvet earpads.
Auto-Ajust for the size of ur head.
the cans are really Huge. as like to having 2 dvd's on ur head haha XD

Negative
Cheap Plug giving me some troubles.. for the price of theses cans.

9/10 for IMO

for now ill drive thoses baby's everyday and im in hurry to see after 300hours + how it will sound.

i know my english aren't good at all so im sorry
smily_headphones1.gif

have a nice day

May 6, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 6
I had the same problem with my GermanMaestro when I got them new. Sometimes I had to mess with the plug to get both channels working.
After a week or so of rather heavy use, the problem disappeared. Like something literally had to burn in
confused.gif

Edit: I just saw in one of your other threads, that you've sold the problem. Good for you.

May 6, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 6
Yea ive finaly Cut that f*kin plug and remplace this one by a Neutrik NYS202 ordinary 1/4 before get my Neutrik NP3b-X, but no more warranty with akg. but the place were ive buy my headphones him told me he can take the warranty at the store cause of my problem cause i woudldnt got a new pair after 4 weeks.. but about the burnin process yes that's another way possible.... but mine was faded to right and i had to move the plug to have the left workable. and someitmes the problem disapearead. and back on the problem , now i use my new plug 1/4 and i doesnt have Any problems. and ive listen more than 8 hours without problem, anyway after the warranty i think i will mod it... ill recable thoses baby's aswell.....

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 6
What plug is at the other end, the one that goes into the cans? It looks too small to be a mini xlr.

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 6
There is no removable cable for the K272.

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back