AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Jan 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #571 of 1,152
I believe the AKG K267's are out in stores now. They are available in some stores, but not all stores are in stock yet. They are actually going for $350 USD new. I just got mine from jrrshop.com for around 320 including 8% california sales tax and free shipping.

EDIT: I can write a mini-review comparing my fully loaded Mad Dogs (dog pads + comfort strap) vs the K267's if anyone is interested. (Won't do one if nobody is interested.)

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #572 of 1,152
Quote:
I believe the AKG K267's are out in stores now. They are available in some stores, but not all stores are in stock yet. They are actually going for $350 USD new. I just got mine from jrrshop.com for around 320 including 8% california sales tax and free shipping.

EDIT: I can write a mini-review comparing my fully loaded Mad Dogs (dog pads + comfort strap) vs the K267's if anyone is interested. (Won't do one if nobody is interested.)

I am interested in any of your impressions and comparisons of the K267.

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #573 of 1,152
Hey, I would just like to inform you guys about where I got mine for under 300$ from a legit American store. After about 10 minutes with customer service with Musiciansfriend.com I got them to apply a coupon for the headphones ( 15% off of 350$. Came out to be $297.49 ). They said mine would ship out around January 29th.

I've been a long time stalker on this website and have been looking for some decent headphones. Thought I'd give these a try and give you my opinion when they come as the K167 weren't perceived as terrible headphones and these seem to have a better build quality( going to wear these around on the go). I'll post pics and give a short review of how I think of them when they get here in the first week of February.

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #574 of 1,152
Quote:

very interested.  what amp?

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #575 of 1,152
I have no need for new headphones whatsoever, yet curiosity got the best of me and I found myself ordering these this week too. They just shipped out today, so Imma go ahead and thoroughly review them once they come in as well. I'm mostly interested to see how their bass compares to my Denon D600's (which have the best studio subwoofer-like bass I've heard, but aren't that great at everything else).

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #576 of 1,152

Interested.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #578 of 1,152
Quote:
well, i guess i did.  i didn't A/B them, but i had the 550 and returned them.  the 550 were hard to get a seal, as everyone has mentioned.  the bass lacked and there was a lack of clarity.  the music sounded muffled and muddy.  the 167 don't require a seal at all.  clean crisp music.  if anything, almost too crisp.  lots o treble and the bass is good for me.  the sub bass, the kick drum, is fantastic.  the mid bass does lack some, but on High gain and bass on 1 or 2 with my e11, i get more than plenty of bass.  

i preferred the 167 by leaps and bounds over the 550.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment, my friend. It must have been fresh out of the box with little-to-no seal to produce that kind of sound because I assure you they are crisp, clear as a bell, and have ample (and very good quality) bass.

Of course, this is after getting proper seal. And I am very much looking forward to hearing how the K267 stacks up to the K550. Has anyone confirmed yet if the drivers are in fact the same as K550 drivers? I'm guessing that was pure rumor/speculation...

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #579 of 1,152
And I am very much looking forward to hearing how the K267 stacks up to the K550. Has anyone confirmed yet if the drivers are in fact the same as K550 drivers?

X2... I really liked the k550 and was bummed to hear hifiman's review of the k551. If these are close to the 550 but with a tiny bit more bass, I'll be super psyched as I was thinking about the white k551s for some time now but pulled the trigger on these for a decent $265.

Shipped and on their way with impressions pending (can't wait!!) though don't hold your breath for a stellar/killer review but I'll do my best. :D

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #580 of 1,152
I really want to try these just for the hell of it but $349 is right above my "just for the hell of it" price. 

I know jrrshop has them cheaper but they also have a restocking fee if I decide to send them back. Oh well, I'm excited for you all to get yours so I can get some more impressions and comparisons. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #581 of 1,152
Quote:
I really want to try these just for the hell of it but $349 is right above my "just for the hell of it" price. 

I know jrrshop has them cheaper but they also have a restocking fee if I decide to send them back. Oh well, I'm excited for you all to get yours so I can get some more impressions and comparisons. 

A few Amazon resellers have them in stock now, but I will also wait for the price to come down as well as more reviews.  I am in the market for one more headphone and will be deciding between these, Yamaha Pro 500 and NAD VISO HP50.

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #582 of 1,152
Quote:
I really liked the k550 and was bummed to hear hifiman's review of the k551

Is HiFiMan reviewing other people's headphones? 
confused.gif

Quote:
A few Amazon resellers have them in stock now, but I will also wait for the price to come down as well as more reviews.  I am in the market for one more headphone and will be deciding between these, Yamaha Pro 500 and NAD VISO HP50.

I would also like to find out what $350 gets you, or if you get $150 better than the K167. Early reports seem to indicate that the sound is similar between the 167 and 267. Not paying another $350 for better "build quality" with same sound.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #583 of 1,152
I've been looking at a pic of the AKG K267 at the AKG website.

Normally I do not care about issues of looks with Hi Fi stuff, although I do with headphones because I wear them.

On the sides of the K267s it says "Studio Club Stage". I confess I find this really rather naf 
happy_face1.gif

Other than that they look quite nice, but it is such a shame about that "Studio Club Stage" business.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #584 of 1,152
Quote:

DO IT!!! :p

Thanks.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #585 of 1,152
Quote:
I've been looking at a pic of the AKG K267 at the AKG website.

Normally I do not care about issues of looks with Hi Fi stuff, although I do with headphones because I wear them.

On the sides of the K267s it says "Studio Club Stage". I confess I find this really rather naf 
happy_face1.gif

Other than that they look quite nice, but it is such a shame about that "Studio Club Stage" business.

Those are the bass adjustment settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back