AKG K 701 - I am excited
Oct 20, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #151 of 210
Sweet. I'm glad to hear someone has some. I can't wait till they make it over the pond. Tyll talked to AKG and it sounds very likely he'll have some at the Boston and NY meets coming soon.

Oct 20, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #152 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey
Tyll talked to AKG and it sounds very likely he'll have some at the Boston and NY meets coming soon.

There will also be a pair at the upcoming florida meet a month from now thanks to flecom. So you guys drooling over these cans will have a lot of meet impressions to look forward to.
tongue.gif

Oct 20, 2005 at 6:09 PM Post #154 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Where did he write this? I looked through his recent posts and didn't see it. Can you provide a link please?

I can't give you a link because he sent me an email this morning telling that...

Oct 20, 2005 at 9:48 PM Post #157 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby B.
You aren't going to sell your HD 650, are you? Because a HD 650 vs. K701 comparison is exactly what I would love to see
smily_headphones1.gif

oops.

Oct 20, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #158 of 210
I'm looking forward to all of these promised review and impression threads!

Right now I am saving up money for some upgrades for my home stereo system (new speakers, tube amp,) but I still wouldn't mind adding to my headphone collection.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Holly

Oct 21, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #159 of 210
Damnit, but I love the headphones I have now...

But those headphones look so damn sweet...

And I even have $425 and then some so I could buy it...

But...
frown.gif
frown.gif

Perhaps i'll wait until I hear reviews. :|

Oct 21, 2005 at 1:10 PM Post #161 of 210
After reading the (one) impression of the K601 and K701 I wonder if the K601 will suit me better.

Does anyone else think that the K601 might be their cup of tea?

I want to see the DT880 vs K601 impressions.

Ayreonaut

(MicroStack dm - HD555)

Oct 21, 2005 at 8:52 PM Post #162 of 210
Dear Headfellows,

Being a "commercial" member I'm not allowed to post my first impressions on these new phones.

However, I would like to give a warning to all those who intend to buy these new AKG phones. Despite their impedance of just 120 Ohm these phones are very insensitive and need a high signal voltage. They, for instance need considerably more signal than the HD600 and HD650. You need a source of decent output voltage (2 Volts) and an headamp with adequate gain factor (x5 is barely enough) otherwise you will be very disappointed!

Cheers

Jan

Oct 21, 2005 at 9:05 PM Post #163 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier
Dear Headfellows,

Being a "commercial" member I'm not allowed to post my first impressions on these new phones.

Is this true? Todd gave us a preview of how the HF-1's sounded. I'm not trying to start an argument with Jude/the mods and I hope I'm not out of line, but I don't see why this should be prohibited?

Oct 21, 2005 at 9:09 PM Post #164 of 210
Quote:

Dear Headfellows,

However, I would like to give a warning to all those who intend to buy these new AKG phones. Despite their impedance of just 120 Ohm these phones are very insensitive and need a high signal voltage. They, for instance need considerably more signal than the HD600 and HD650. You need a source of decent output voltage (2 Volts) and an headamp with adequate gain factor (x5 is barely enough) otherwise you will be very disappointed!

Cheers

Jan

Low sensitivity is also characteristic of the K501. At least as far as that goes AKG seems to have remained consistent with previous design philosophies. Somehow I think this is good news. (Anyway, just trying to extract the most of your comments).

Dr. Meier, are you allowed to post a link where you might want to share your impressions (after break-in maybe)? Headroom posts their opinions in their website. We know they are also in the business and they sell headphones, but still it's very valuable to know what they think knowing they have been in the headphone world for quite a bit. Same applies to you, to Ray Samuels, Mikhail, etc. Your feedback would be highly appreciated by everyone here I'm sure. I wish you all posted impressions on headphones. Maybe you'd like to post your impressions on the Meier-audio site?

Oct 21, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #165 of 210
Quote:

Dear Headfellows,

Cheers

Jan

Would you share your impressions via email or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back