akg is considering to remake the k1000 but only if it gets enough love on its facebook page
Oct 12, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #16 of 80
Actually there would be tooling expense because that is one of the reasons why they were discontinued. The machines used to make them wore out and were breaking down too often (and costing too much to repair) after having been in service for what 15 years?. If they brought them back, they would most likely have to retool from the ground up.

Oct 12, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #17 of 80

Can these headphones give the HD800's a run for their money also whats their ohms and freq response range.

I think so, and the HD-800 is one of my favorites.

The impedance of the K-1000 is 120 Ohms, the old standard. But that's not terribly relevant because the K-1000 needs 8W of power (according to the manual) and requires a power amp for speakers. No ordinary headphone amp will drive it.

And as much as I love the K-1000, I ain't signing up for Facebook.
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #18 of 80
I'd say "ordinary" is a dubious qualifier. There are certainly several headphone amps that will drive them, as you know, but you are right in that your average headphone amp won't drive them.

Oct 13, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #19 of 80
I thought few members here having a hard time just to get in touch with someone/anyone in AKG at all. If I buy something from any company, I would expect good after service. I hope my k702 never breaks down. So, I'm not sure to support AKG at all. Just a thought of mine.

Oct 13, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #20 of 80
AKG parts are easy to find, you just have to have the right phone number and person to ask for. The reason it can be difficult for most people is that it goes through the whole Harman conglomerate support system unless you the 2 things I mentioned first.

Oct 13, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #22 of 80
I certainly do not intend to sign up at Facebook, so if AKG is serious they look for feedback elsewhere as well - like here at Head-Fi.
Our prayers for a revival or upgrade may be heard! **Prays**

Oct 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #23 of 80

Quote:
With no R/D cost and tooling, the price should be decent. If they come out with a large price tag, Phaw!

I can't see them walking away from the piles of money people willingly drop on top tier headphones just to be altruistic.

Quote:
And as much as I love the K-1000, I ain't signing up for Facebook.
biggrin.gif

Ditto.

Oct 13, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #24 of 80

Someone can simply post a link on facebook to this thread to show AKG how much K1000 love there is without having to sign up for facebook. +1 supporter here.
Quote:
I certainly do not intend to sign up at Facebook, so if AKG is serious they look for feedback elsewhere as well - like here at Head-Fi.
Our prayers for a revival or upgrade may be heard! **Prays**

Oct 14, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #26 of 80
It's been said that each fan on Facebook correlates to a representative value of one billion people. Come on, guys, let's get out and vote!

Oct 14, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #27 of 80

Quote:
It's been said that each fan on Facebook correlates to a representative value of one billion people. Come on, guys, let's get out and vote!

So only 7 people need to vote and the entire world is covered?

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #30 of 80

Quote:
Someone can simply post a link on facebook to this thread to show AKG how much K1000 love there is without having to sign up for facebook. +1 supporter here.

AND the k1k info thread, and the tons of other k1k threads
wink.gif
 We need this thread to be at least 22 pages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back