AK Custom Hybrid IEM Discussion & Impressions
Sep 15, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #91 of 176
I would like to hear your sound impressions without an EQ on

Without EQ for cheaper IEM would do that, such as EarPods wow.
But I don't know for AK player, usually they prefer non EQ, the sounds is such badly for me.
For my reference , I needs them to set with EQ as well, otherwise you can't hear for more micro fine layering and detail as well.

Sep 15, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #92 of 176
Everybody EQs but just in different ways. One way is the music format one choses to listen. Another is the earphone they chose, which ear tips they put on. Another way is which dap they pick up and which cable they use. But one of the best ways to eq is considered a sin which is free.

Sep 15, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #93 of 176
If there's anyone in Singapore who is willing to loan me a set for a week, I'd gladly do a full analysis and review on these.

Definitely not going to be dropping any moolah though. Still very, very skeptical.

Sep 15, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #94 of 176
Everybody EQs but just in different ways. One way is the music format one choses to listen. Another is the earphone they chose, which ear tips they put on. Another way is which dap they pick up and which cable they use. But one of the best ways to eq is considered a sin which is free.

while that's true, system EQing is fine -- but definitely tell us that it needed eq to make it sound good before hyping it up -- especially for people who switch between iems frequently, system eq is a total drag to deal with

Sep 16, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #95 of 176
If there's BA's in this iem they're very warm and smooth and the high frequency BA
has been left out. Sounds more like a single DD to me. I'm calling total bs on this one.

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #96 of 176
A quote just in from LCD-2 thread.
  Be careful with eq's. They can create a lots of distortions (pre and post ringing, ripples, phase distortion, aliasing, quantisation noise, ...) especially the default foobar eq.
All eq even the best in the world will have those problems. Some will make a better job to attenuate those distortions but not completely. Some will add a pleasant distortion and are used for that but are mainly in the analog domain.

..and I have to say to not mention these were heavily EQ'd for impressions, but that fact was not mentioned, is not good at all for the community.

People have laid down serious hard-earned money for these IEMs with very few impressions.For some $250 is a drop in the ocean, for others it's their IEM pot for the year.

Bad way to expose these Kim D.

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #99 of 176
A quote just in from LCD-2 thread.

..and I have to say to not mention these were heavily EQ'd for impressions, but that fact was not mentioned, is not good at all for the community.

People have laid down serious hard-earned money for these IEMs with very few impressions.For some $250 is a drop in the ocean, for others it's their IEM pot for the year.

Bad way to expose these Kim D.

IF that bad, I wouldn't highly recommended and open a thread here.
If really that bad, so I have appreciated to you guys here.
Cause mine is in good condition of AK IEM so far so good.

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #100 of 176
IF that bad, I wouldn't highly recommended and open a thread here.
If really that bad, so I have appreciated to you guys here.
Cause mine is in good condition of AK IEM so far so good.

You're not understanding.
Most people will not EQ or apply this extreme level of EQ and as far as I know this is the first mention that they need such an extreme EQ.
Add this one to the QT5 graveyard.

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #101 of 176
You're not understanding.
Most people will not EQ or apply this extreme level of EQ and as far as I know this is the first mention that they need such an extreme EQ.
Add this one to the QT5 graveyard.

Ok noted that EQ is not for everyone right.
Maybe thier pair are lemon set.
Cause I have not listening or do compare with thier.
Just recommended with EQs only, if the pair just left with dynamic sounding, meaning has an issue.

Sep 16, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #104 of 176
Do with EQs can increase higher Bass & Mids with Treble as what you like.
Even my UM Martian and CA Andromeda as well.
They is not flat just lesser sparking high treble with normal bass level

Sep 16, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #105 of 176
I have a feeling that you might have a secret agenda behind all this hyping, man...
Something is wrong from the beginning.

I am not accusing you, but the fact that you don't even mention that you use EQ to get the sound you want out of them and the fact that you stated the Andromeda are in "the cold room" for a while...You could have EQ'd the Andromeda and get the same or better result also... 

Sadly Headfi is becoming the biggest hyping platform for audio lately and lesser experienced user fall for it. It sadden me! People looses hard earn cash money for nothing really, because you guys play this "game". Sure you can always say that sound is subjective and that everyone ears differently but come on!

This big farce got to stop already, it is about time you guys realize that you have an influence and realize that you have a bit of responsibility.
Be true when you review something, I know not everyone have a 100 iems of experience behind him to make a good evaluations but at least state the the truth.

I won't go deep and recall all the fiasco behind the D2 and the QT5, but all this starts to smell fishy to me.

I am expecting of you and every person that review new equipment to realize that you have influence and responsibility and not take this review thing lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back