AK Custom Hybrid IEM Discussion & Impressions
Sep 16, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #121 of 176
Kim you should have mentioned you used EQ when you compared it to TOTL iems. You have serious reputation damage done to yourself due to this thread.

But this is depend on DAP or iPhone app do with.
For me all my IEMs will prefer for EQs.
I don't know you guys, in before my AK70 without any EQ there sound are bad, but you guys has not an issue right.
Such as CA Andromeda or Jupiter I'd was prefer with EQs as well, but they all never complain before.
IMO chose from DAP will be difference sounds too.

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #122 of 176
  lol yea of course. anyone who does otherwise is crooked!

otherwise i can say every iem i've heard has the same sig as hd800! lol

Well, there has been a case when a $9 (at the time) IEM was said by one person to be better than the hd800 in an A/B.. That was probably without EQ though..

On topic: too bad to hear that the hype might have been unwarranted, these sounded promising based on first impressions. This is why I've become less quick on the trigger on new FOTM.

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #123 of 176
But this is depend on DAP or iPhone app do with.
For me all my IEMs will prefer for EQs.
I don't know you guys, in before my AK70 without any EQ there sound are bad, but you guys has not an issue right.
Such as CA Andromeda or Jupiter I'd was prefer with EQs as well, but they all never complain before.
IMO chose from DAP will be difference sounds too.

There is no shame in using EQ. 
But when evaluating a new product you cannot use EQ to describe its sound signature and post a review based on it without even stating that you used an EQ on it.

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #125 of 176
Ohh my GOD, i was about to click the buy button for these, i am just waiting for my 4in1 and Musicmakers TKY2 which will be arrive tomorrow.
Hang on for a while bro! That's why I'm reluctant to give those so called impressions not to mention of "rushing up a review" right out of the box for the SA6BA I just received, even though I'm quite satisfied of the purchase, especially having read that peter123 has taken a few months (about 100hrs of listening, not "burning", before coming out with his review!). And I personally admit that he has done an excellent review!
Why are we here for if it's not for the enthusiasm for music? Except one who comes in with some motifs or agendas behind, everyone of us should stick with a principle which every word we spew has in one way or another influence someone's purchase decision!

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #126 of 176
4in1 and A2S still looking like a great deal for the sub-$75 budget hunters...got my Senfers on the way, and they will tide me over till impressions roll in on the iSine10.
Glad I did not dive in day-1 on these like the QT5, which tied my funds up for 6 weeks on round-trip return/refund time.

Sep 16, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #127 of 176
  Well, there has been a case when a $9 (at the time) IEM was said by one person to be better than the hd800 in an A/B.. That was probably without EQ though..

I personally don't like these type of attitude and never believe them when a person being told us that a $9 iem is actually better than HD800. 

Sep 16, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #128 of 176
Hang on for a while bro! That's why I'm reluctant to give those so called impressions not to mention of "rushing up a review" right out of the box for the SA6BA I just received, even though I'm quite satisfied of the purchase, especially having read that @peter123 has taken a few months (about 100hrs of listening, not "burning", before coming out with his review!). And I personally admit that he has done an excellent review!
Why are we here for if it's not for the enthusiasm for music? Except one who comes in with some motifs or agendas behind, everyone of us should stick with a principal which every word we spew has in one way or another influence someone's purchase decision!

Yes you are absolutely right,  mostly peoples are believe on reviewers and they wait for a honest review on a certain product before clicking the buy button. 

Sep 16, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #129 of 176
Nothing wrong with iPod touch/iPhone music player, there are no EQs at all.
Sounds are greats, bass are extremely well, Mids are forward with sparkle smooth treble.
B8103A0C-FE1D-457F-9C90-DECA547F5092_zpsvjlvwvtc.png

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #131 of 176
Nothing wrong with iPod touch/iPhone music player, there are no EQs at all.
Sounds are greats, bass are extremely well, Mids are forward with sparkle smooth treble.
B8103A0C-FE1D-457F-9C90-DECA547F5092_zpsvjlvwvtc.png

Kim I found the problem. It's the music you listen to, nothing wrong with the iems......:)

Serious, try Kate with the Andromeda and no EQ, it should sound sublime.
It's not my kind of music but I just tried it with the Rhapsodio Solar direct from Tidal and no EQ. Very good production, huge soundstage, excellent bass response and crystal clear female vocals.

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #132 of 176
Kim I found the problem. It's the music you listen to, nothing wrong with the iems......:)

Serious, try Kate with the Andromeda and no EQ, it should sound sublime.
It's not my kind of music but I just tried it with the Rhapsodio Solar direct from Tidal and no EQ. Very good production, huge soundstage, excellent bass response and crystal clear female vocals.

Andromeda has not issue at all, the sound are great from the Tidal, if Jupiter you would be realized that vocals seem like come out from the nose or getting flu.

I was agreed cause Multi BAs can't beats with Dynamic Bass.
The rest are fine to me.

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #133 of 176
If there's BA's in this iem they're very warm and smooth and the high frequency BA
has been left out. Sounds more like a single DD to me. I'm calling total bs on this one.

Skullophile you just changed the whole picture here, 
Now please honestly tell us about the your superstar 8+1,  have you reviewed them basis on your favorite EQ settings or without any EQ,???

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #134 of 176
No EQ was used for that, I forgot to mention that in the review but I thought it goes without saying.
I mostly listen to rock and metal and am picky with my treble, cymbal crashes and decay are very important
to me. I hope these 3 plus 1's will make a round trip otherwise they're going under the hammer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back