AK Custom Hybrid IEM Discussion & Impressions
Sep 16, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #106 of 176
  I have a feeling that you might have a secret agenda behind all this hyping, man...
Something is wrong from the beginning.

I am not accusing you, but the fact that you don't even mention that you use EQ to get the sound you want out of them and the fact that you stated the Andromeda are in "the cold room" for a while...You could have EQ'd the Andromeda and get the same or better result also... 

Sadly Headfi is becoming the biggest hyping platform for audio lately and lesser experienced user fall for it. It sadden me! People looses hard earn cash money for nothing really, because you guys play this "game". Sure you can always say that sound is subjective and that everyone ears differently but come on!

This big farce got to stop already, it is about time you guys realize that you have an influence and realize that you have a bit of responsibility.
Be true when you review something, I know not everyone have a 100 iems of experience behind him to make a good evaluations but at least state the the truth.

I won't go deep and recall all the fiasco behind the D2 and the QT5, but all this starts to smell fishy to me.

I am expecting of you and every person that review new equipment to realize that you have influence and responsibility and not take this review thing lightly.

How has the D2 been a fiasco? But ye just follow a certain set of people/reviewers and go from there.

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #108 of 176
You're not understanding.
Most people will not EQ or apply this extreme level of EQ and as far as I know this is the first mention that they need such an extreme EQ.
Add this one to the QT5 graveyard.

Looks like I dodged a bullet once again. :D

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #109 of 176
I would agreed with guys.
For some error may have wait to user and feedback to us and see how he talks with the seller.
Also how we know that his sound quality are bad or well.
If the 2nd user received in good quality and great sounds, you guys won't be able getting navigate at all.
I was do believe buy a thing or IEM also depend on luck right.
Cause we are not that person, we can't realized what's going on.

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #112 of 176
  It is not as good as people make it also...

I don't think the D2 can be fitted in this situation like QT5 or this 3+1,  i have D2 and they are good as they are appreciated by a  huge number of peoples,  they are highly recommend not even in the head-fi forum but also from the feedbacks of the peoples who buy this from different sellers. 

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #113 of 176
I don't think the D2 can be fitted in this situation like QT5 or this 3+1,  i have D2 and they are good as they are appreciated by a  huge number of peoples,  they are highly recommend not even in the head-fi forum but also from the feedbacks of the peoples who buy this from different sellers. 

The good legend sound are still in my memory now, cause I'm still owned a pair now.
Just slight do high & spark with hot treble, also less tight bass, lucky I'm knew how to mod the shell & white filter, otherwise throw to sea also :D

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #114 of 176
@kimD
 hey, when I get my AK 3+1, want to trade for your andromeda? Since the AK3+1 is better, and you don't use andromeda anymore ... you can have 2 for spare.

*laughs viciously*

It is not as good as people make it also...

You never heard them, have you? The concensus was quite positive, although that scandal with EE was the biggest low-point yet.

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #115 of 176
In my very little experience i think the best way to judge the capabilities of a iem/headphones is test them without any EQ or set the EQ on flat settings so you understand the sound signature or strength and weakness of a product. 

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #116 of 176
  In my very little experience i think the best way to judge the capabilities of a iem/headphones is test them without any EQ or set the EQ on flat settings so you understand the sound signature or strength and weakness of a product. 

lol yea of course. anyone who does otherwise is crooked!

otherwise i can say every iem i've heard has the same sig as hd800! lol

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #119 of 176
*laughs viciously*
You never heard them, have you? The concensus was quite positive, although that scandal with EE was the biggest low-point yet.

Enough people with enough experience and without an agenda behind heard them and said how they felt about it without big hyping words. Very v shapped sound, bass was big but a bit out of control and highs were sharp and filters didn't help making it less v. more for the bassheads..., not everyone's cup of tea. But the big problem about the D2 was the hype factor and statements a of how it is even better than the FLC8 and so on...in the end they are maybe worth their selling price but not more.
Also I was not talking about the D2 mainly in term of sound but more about how it was promoted on headfi, and how all that seemed not that "kosher"...
Anyway we are not allowed to talk about this IEM anymore so I won't continue discussing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back