Airpods pro
Jan 27, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #511 of 527
I preordered the AirPods Pro when they first came out and was never able to pass the fit test reliably with any ear tips. I used them for a while but wasn't impressed with either the sound or the noise cancelling feature, which didn't work very well. I saw this two days ago:

https://support.apple.com/airpods-pro-service-program-sound-issues

I contacted Apple support and both earpieces where replaced. They arrived the next day. They passed the fit test first try with both the medium and large tips and both the sound and the noise cancelling are dramatically improved. Apparently, I had a defective pair from the very beginning...

Sep 15, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #512 of 527
Ordered mine last night, they will take two to three weeks. Can’t wait to get them and try them out.

CD1AD85C-4A70-48BA-94E1-8EF79B576373.png

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #514 of 527
Is this a Apple product? I didn’t see anything on there websit.
Colorware most likely. They do custom reshells of various products for a price. The AirPods Pro is one of said products. I don’t remember if you have to send in your AirPods to get the treatment or if they’ll purchase their own.

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #515 of 527
Hi,

You used to be able to send your own in, but now you purchase the whole product via Colorware, they purchase them from Apple and then spray them to the colours you choose from their website, they now also do the Air Pods Max, they also ship worldwide.

Hope that helps.

Sep 27, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #516 of 527
Well I posted my impressions to APP OG in a very early post in this thread and found my anatomy would not accommodate these IEMs. Since a new iteration was released I tried them again with various tips. Unfortunately, I could not keep them in my ears for more than 15 without excruciating pain in my left ear. Kind of like a railroad spike being driven in my auditory meatus. So for me, APP2 are a no go.

Sep 27, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #517 of 527
Well I posted my impressions to APP OG in a very early post in this thread and found my anatomy would not accommodate these IEMs. Since a new iteration was released I tried them again with various tips. Unfortunately, I could not keep them in my ears for more than 15 without excruciating pain in my left ear. Kind of like a railroad spike being driven in my auditory meatus. So for me, APP2 are a no go.

Interesting how minuscule changes make huge differences. The series 1 AirPods Pro were very difficult for me to achieve a seal with. The series 2 is very slightly differently shaped and that change makes them fit my ears very well. I can even use the L size tips that came with them and get a decent seal, though I do continue to use AZLA crystals with them.

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #518 of 527
The APP2 are a definite upgrade to APP1 just on SQ (not even going into how fantastic the ANC is!). I was skeptical of that customised spatial audio that scans your ears, but I could immediately tell the difference on the APP2 alone with and without. But I digress..

The APP2 have better low end punch, soundstage height and well rounded mids and highs. Still not much in terms of depth and detail is definitely not TOTL. But for what it does, these are a terrific upgrade for many. Adaptive EQ means it will be difficult to measure subjectively, but music does sound enjoyable out of them. They won't replace kilobuck IEMs for sure, but will be my go to ANC IEMs when travelling / commuting for sure.

FWIW, I do notice they sound better out of the iPhone 14 Pro than my previous gen (pre M1) iPad Pro. Hopefully these won't turn yellow with age... why can't Apple use better materials...?

Oct 8, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #520 of 527
I got my APP2 this week and have been disappointed with the ANC, they sound better than the APP1 for sure but I am not sure the ANC is any better. I also have the new Bose buds and they are in a different league to the APP2, it is not even close.

Oct 10, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #521 of 527
I got my APP2 this week and have been disappointed with the ANC, they sound better than the APP1 for sure but I am not sure the ANC is any better. I also have the new Bose buds and they are in a different league to the APP2, it is not even close.
Wow, I have the absolute opposite impression. The APP2 sound a little bit better but the improvement isn’t that stark. The ANC improvement is spectacular. I flew with my APP2 last week and they were really impressive. Very very close to the Sennheiser MTW3 (in fact, I’d probably call it a toss up which set had better ANC).

Oct 11, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #522 of 527
I am starting to think that mine may be faulty. I have a good seal but the ANC is really not good, for example when used out walking I can hear birds tweating or my even my feet on the footpath, they are not great.

P.S Yes I have checked transparency mode!

Oct 12, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #523 of 527
Been a year (and a day) since the last comment here, but maybe someone has an answer. Got the Pro gen 2 today. Not bad, but as usual my right ear needs a huge tip for a seal. The large that came included isn't quite cutting it. Searches for "XL" tips hasn't turned up anything.

Has anyone found an ear tip for the Pro that is bigger than the L Apple provides?

Oct 12, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #524 of 527
Been a year (and a day) since the last comment here, but maybe someone has an answer. Got the Pro gen 2 today. Not bad, but as usual my right ear needs a huge tip for a seal. The large that came included isn't quite cutting it. Searches for "XL" tips hasn't turned up anything.

Has anyone found an ear tip for the Pro that is bigger than the L Apple provides?
Some issue for me. I have wrapped some tape around the bud under the head so it feels bigger in the ear.

Oct 12, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #525 of 527

Users who are viewing this thread

Back