AirPods Max
Dec 14, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #5,056 of 5,629
Me too, if it weren't for that issue : https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/airpods-3-hissing-and-coil-whine.2319557/
I'll try my luck in early 2022 again because I absolutely want them in my life. As an overall product, they're my favourite AirPods thus far.

One very interesting aspect IMO of the AP3 is that I believe that they may be the only headphones in existence with a feedback mechanism without suffering either the occlusion effect (such as with the APP and APM when ANC is off) or ANC circuit noise (such as with the APP and APM when ANC is on, although I personally find both of them among the most tolerable ANC headphones I've tried in that regard). Perhaps the first "open" headphones with a feedback mechanism that can work without ANC.
Mine has no noise or coil whatever at all! They are just perfect. I had no idea there was such an issue with the AP3. Is this a real issue or the well known MacRumors forum nagging?

Dec 14, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #5,057 of 5,629
Mine has no noise or coil whatever at all! They are just perfect. I had no idea there was such an issue with the AP3. Is this a real issue or the well known MacRumors forum nagging?
I don’t hear any artifacts either…

Dec 14, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #5,059 of 5,629
Me too, if it weren't for that issue : https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/airpods-3-hissing-and-coil-whine.2319557/
I'll try my luck in early 2022 again because I absolutely want them in my life. As an overall product, they're my favourite AirPods thus far.

One very interesting aspect IMO of the AP3 is that I believe that they may be the only headphones in existence with a feedback mechanism without suffering either the occlusion effect (such as with the APP and APM when ANC is off) or ANC circuit noise (such as with the APP and APM when ANC is on, although I personally find both of them among the most tolerable ANC headphones I've tried in that regard). Perhaps the first "open" headphones with a feedback mechanism that can work without ANC.

I don't have this problem and my pair is delivered by Apple the first day of the release (26 Oct). The AP3 is great product for me and the best AirPods model of all versions in the past in sound quality, including the APM and APP.

Dec 15, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #5,061 of 5,629
The review above is very interesting. He recommended Headphone accommodation on. If inunderstood him he like vocal tonality and slight boost on dynamic setting. He did not like it with an Android setup but thought in the Apple ecosystem they are very good

Dec 15, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #5,062 of 5,629
Hah, this guy just released a comparison between the AirPods Max and the Susvara.

I’m looking forward to watching that now. I’ve seen a couple of his videos and they’re excellent.

I saw it, it's a lot of fun and high praise for the APM. He's right about headphone accommodations, but I did that when I got them.

I liked the lord of the rings vs hobbit example lol

Dec 15, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #5,063 of 5,629
I saw it, it's a lot of fun and high praise for the APM. He's right about headphone accommodations, but I did that when I got them.

I liked the lord of the rings vs hobbit example lol
Did I understand him correctly and he liked vocal tonality more? Vs balanced?

Dec 17, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #5,064 of 5,629
Having. the APM for 2 days now. I have to say I'm very impressed by the sound quality and how easy it connects to my MacBook and iPhone. The treble can be a bit harsh on some tracks. Bass can be too boomy with no texture. Female vocals so sound thin at times.

It's a keeper for me.
If you connect it to the Mac there’s an equalizer in the pop down settings in Apple Music where it says view- equalizer

Dec 18, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #5,065 of 5,629
I personally find APM's bass to be better than Foxtex TH-610. It hits with more authority in sub-bass and you can feel it more when the song calls for it.

Dec 18, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #5,066 of 5,629
Koji’s recent comparison of the AirPods Max with the Hifiman Susvara has made me rethink a lot of things about convenience and the ideal sound signature for on the go use. I currently use the Argon mk3's as my portables out of the Kann Alpha but it's a clunky mess to carry around sometimes.

Dec 20, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #5,068 of 5,629
Husband wants headphones that are comfortable while lying in bed (not sleeping with, just lying down). What’s the consensus on the APMs in this regard compared to other Bluetooth headphones? Do any come to mind as especially comfy?

Dec 20, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #5,069 of 5,629
Husband wants headphones that are comfortable while lying in bed (not sleeping with, just lying down). What’s the consensus on the APMs in this regard compared to other Bluetooth headphones? Do any come to mind as especially comfy?
Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless (only regarding comfort, have had these once but found them a tad too audiophile tuned, lacking punch and versatility of the APM but decent hifi bt headphones with even adjustable frequency spectrum after hearing test which is quite a rarity amongst headphones. No-go cans for movies imho)

Pro feature of APM: surpresses ambient snoring noise of the partner next to you 😉

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #5,070 of 5,629

I find the square design and heavy weight quite annoying for that application compared to some other portable closed back wireless over-ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back