AirPods Max
Feb 25, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #3,317 of 5,629
Which could also just as easily be software issues (the APM certainly appears to have a few) and nothing to do with condensation at all?
As @angelom says, the Max fanatics continue to defend them. The ones I had were trailer park trash. But if a better pair comes along for me to try out and consider, I'll go for them. One pair doesn't mean they are all bad, but the ones I had left a sour taste in my mouth. So any ifs, ands, or buts people want to keep throwing at me, c'est la vie as my stance won't change.

Feb 25, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #3,318 of 5,629
As @angelom says, the Max fanatics continue to defend them. The ones I had were trailer park trash. But if a better pair comes along for me to try out and consider, I'll go for them. One pair doesn't mean they are all bad, but the ones I had left a sour taste in my mouth. So any ifs, ands, or buts people want to keep throwing at me, c'est la vie as my stance won't change.
I’d certainly not characterise myself as a fanatic thanks, but you simply can’t draw a valid conclusion that your issues were directly caused by condensation unless you’ve fully tested this and done a root cause on it.
I wasn’t at any point saying you didn’t experience any issues.

You believe the APM are trash and that’s just fine. My subjective opinion differs and that’s fine too.

Feb 25, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #3,319 of 5,629
I’d certainly not characterise myself as a fanatic thanks, but you simply can’t draw a valid conclusion that your issues were directly caused by condensation unless you’ve fully tested this and done a root cause on it.
I wasn’t at any point saying you didn’t experience any issues.

You believe the APM are trash and that’s just fine. My subjective opinion differs and that’s fine too.
I'll be trying again when they become widely available and stop selling out. Figured, why not? They have so much potential, I love the technology they bring. So that's why I want to try again. Enjoy yours and wish you the best.

Feb 25, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #3,320 of 5,629
What is trailer park trash?

Feb 25, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #3,321 of 5,629
If Apple had a pair I could get without QC problems, I would keep them. I would certain keep them if the issues were resolved
Many users say that a factory reset resolves all those issues. To me, it worked as well when i had the right earcup having no ANC. So, i think you should try a reset if you face these issues again. Generally speaking, they are indeed very comfortable, despite their weight, and having the coolest and airiest ear pads i have ever had on a pair of over ears.

Feb 25, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #3,322 of 5,629
Didn't connect for a few minutes on multiple occasions and strong hissing nice from the left cup. So yes, the condensation caused lots of problems
Rather than QC, it’s more of an issue that can be solved with a firmware update. I’ve had the same problems, I noticed that it’s an issue with Bluetooth cos my watch loses the ability to unlock my iPhone with my mask on when it happens as well (I’m on 14.5 beta).

Hissing / ANC issues are resolved with a hard reset which takes 30 secs longer than I like but these are still relatively new and it doesn’t happen that often maybe once a week?)

but yes they could have done better sure.

Feb 25, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #3,323 of 5,629
I haven’t had any hissing or ANC issues with my Max, but I did have to restart them because they wouldn’t connect to my iPhone. I love the Max but I will not pretend like they are perfect, because they are not. In comparison to my B&O H95, I can say that I’ve never had to restart or turn them off and back on to resolve any issue in the two weeks I’ve owned them. So far they have been flawless when it comes to stability.

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #3,324 of 5,629
Didn't connect for a few minutes on multiple occasions and strong hissing nice from the left cup. So yes, the condensation caused lots of problems
Did apple support you post purchase? I find that they’re generally exceptional at this.

Connecting the trouble you experienced with condensation as a diagnosis on your own is highly dubious. This appears to be an electronic problem rather than a mechanical one. Are you basing your diagnosis on some measurements or specific knowledge you have that most do not?

My own unit will sometimes not connect, I set it down and pick it up again. I have to think that future firmware will tighten that up.

Feb 26, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #3,325 of 5,629
It took a lot of going back and forth and their service wasn’t good. I was able to get rid of them. If I get them, Amazon is probably the safest way to go.

What does everyone do about the condensation issue?

Feb 26, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #3,326 of 5,629
It took a lot of going back and forth and their service wasn’t good. I was able to get rid of them. If I get them, Amazon is probably the safest way to go.

There is condensation.. hasn’t become an issue yet. Stop removing the ear pads to look is what I am doing 🤣

Feb 26, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #3,327 of 5,629
Im really surprised with some of the comments on here about the ProMax, but maybe this is the community where passions run high because its what we enjoy.

I work in the Apple arena and sell APM.

I also have a pair of Abyss Phi, Diana V2, Sony1000XM3, many B&O headphones as we had 7 B&O stores in London and also Bose QC32II, we also sold headphones in the most prestigious store in London and possibly the world, and to be honest the APM are a very very good headphone.

They are leagues above all my "consumer" headphones, but i wouldn't even start to compare them against my Abyss headphones etc, I just think they are aimed at a totally different market, and this is Apple's first venture into a true overhead, if you ignore Beats which ive always personally struggled with.

As a first gen release I think the overwhelming support for them from consumers is far better than could have been imagined, if they follow suit as Airpod did, then they will be a major force to be reckoned with over time, and i think its going to push other brands to consider their future releases.

Personally I cant get enough of them, i could sell 10,000 tomorrow if i could get landed stock.

But im sure we all enjoy our own listening experiences and what we are looking for.

They wont be for everyone, but they are for many..

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #3,328 of 5,629

Nothing, literally nothing.

I use them all day every day. I never check for condensation.

They work great.

Feb 26, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #3,329 of 5,629
For those that do have condensation, what is your solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back